PRS managed territories

We license the use of music in various territories outside of the UK.

Who Is PRS for Music?

We are a society of around 125,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers – our members. We represent the rights of these members (and the members of our affiliated societies around the world) by licensing organisations to play, perform or make available music. We distribute royalties to those members and societies fairly and efficiently. We have been providing music licences to businesses that play music for customers, employees or both for more than 100 years. The exciting bit is that not only does music benefit your business, but it also plays a vital role in the creation of new music because nearly 90 percent of all the money collected goes straight back to our members (the rest on our running costs).

Supporting members

If you've performed in one of our managed territories you can tell us about these performances through our live reporting service.

Licensing music

If your business or organisation uses our members' music, you'll need a music licence. This includes live performances, playing the radio or TV at work, broadcasting TV and radio programmes, using music in films or releasing music products such as CDs and downloads.

Select a territory below for contact details of your local PRS licensing representative and licence tariffs in that area.

If your organisation is using music in any of the following territories then please contact us at to obtain a licence.

  • Ascension Islands
  • Belize
  • British Antarctic Territory
  • British Indian Ocean Territory
  • Brunei
  • Cayman Islands
  • Channel Islands
  • Diego Garcia
  • Falkland Islands
  • Malawi
  • Pitcairn Islands
  • Seychelles
  • South Georgia
  • South Sandwich Islands
  • St Helena
  • Tanzania
  • Tristan da Cunha
  • Turks and Caicos Islands
  • Uganda
  • Zambia