What licence covers live performances?

Licences for concert venues, festivals, Local Authorities, theatres and universities

PRS for Music and PPL, the UK’s two music collecting societies, have joined forces to set up PPL PRS Ltd, a joint venture combining the two societies’ public performance licensing activities. PPL PRS Ltd launched the joint licence on 26 February 2018 and offers a single licence, called TheMusicLicence, on behalf of both PRS for Music and PPL, to play or perform music in public.


There are a range of tariffs to cover the different uses of music across various venue types. To help you understand how much TheMusicLicence could cost, visit the PPL PRS website to view all tariffs.

switching account

Switching your account...