Back To Live - Northern Ireland terms and conitions
Back To Live Music Venue Prize Competition 2022 terms and conditions (the “Terms”) for Northern Ireland
- The entrant may enter the Back to Live Music Venue Prize competition for Northern Ireland (the “Competition”) by submitting a completed entry form at www.prsformusic.com/backtolive.
- By entering the Competition, the entrant will be deemed to accept and be bound by these Terms.
- The Competition is being run by PRS for Music Limited, trading as PRS for Music Goldings House, 2 Hays Lane, London, SE1 2HB (the “Promoter”).
- There is no fee to enter the Competition.
- Entries that do not comply with these Terms will be void and will not be entered into the Competition.
Requirements for Entry
- The entrant must be:
- a) 18 years of age or over;
- b) a resident of the UK; and
- c) an authorised representative of a venue that meets the following criteria:
- i. the venue will have an established live music offering by hosting (prior to the Covid-19 pandemic and going forward in the future) at least 100 days of live music a year;
- ii. the venue is not part of a national brand;
- iii. music is fully integrated within the venue offering; and
- iiii. the venue is based in Northern Ireland (the “Venue”)
- For the purposes of these Terms, an “authorised representative” is someone with the authority to:
- a) enter agreements on behalf of the Venue;
- b) authorise the Promoter to use the name and image(s) of the Venue in connection with the Competition;
- c) approve any purchases of physical products (“Products”), and/or the services of installing the physical products (“Services”) at the premises of the Venue, or, alternatively, manage the obtaining of the consents from the relevant parties in relation to the Products or Services (the “Authorised Representative”).
- By entering the Competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Competition.
- The Competition is not open to:
- employees of the Promoter, their families, suppliers or retailers of the Prize or any other businesses involved in operating or supporting the Competition;
- entrants or venues that have entered another Back to Live Music Venue Prize competition; or
- previous winners of this Competition or previous competitions run by the Promoter i.e. Music Makeover.
- Only one entry application per Venue will be accepted.
- The Venue must have PPLPRS Ltd’s “TheMusicLicence” and any other Performing Right Society Limited licences applicable to the music use relating to the Venue, such licences must be paid in full or be up to date if subject to a payment plan where payments are ongoing.
- By entering the Competition, the Authorised Representative is agreeing to let the Promoter post the name and image of the Venue on the Promoter’s website for general public viewing purposes.
- Entries can only be made online via www.prsformusic.com/backtolive.
- This promotion will start at 06:00 GMT on 20th April 2022.
- All entries must be received no later than 22nd June 2022 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received by the Promoter after this time will be void and will not be entered into this Competition.
- Any alterations or withdrawals from the Competition must reach the Promoter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Communications and Public Affairs 1st Floor, Goldings House, 2 Hays Lane, London, SE1 2HB no later than the Closing Date.
Selection of the Winner
- One winner will be selected by a panel of judges after the Closing Date from a shortlist prepared from the correctly submitted entries (the “Winner”). The Winner will be the entrant that submits the entry with the highest score according to the criteria.
- The names of the judges are available on written request (see clause 15 for contact).
- The Winner’s surname and county, and, where applicable, winning entry, will be announced on the Promoter’s website by 28th September 2022 (the “Announcement Date”) and will also be available on request from the Promoter. The Winner will be contacted on or before 14th September 2022 by email or telephone.
- If you object to any or all of your surname, county and/or the winning entry (if applicable) being published or made available, please contact the Promoter before the Closing Date. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- The Winner may be asked to participate in any reasonable publicity for the Competition as well as any other promotional events.
- The Venue of the Winner will co-operate with the Promoter in relation to the promotion of live music at the Venue for a duration of four months. This promotion shall include:
- 21.1. a launch party following the announcement of the Winner; and
- 21.2. the use of the name and image(s) of the Venue on the Promoter’s website and any associated social media accounts.
- The Promoter and Winner will agree in writing the details of the launch party in advance. Subject to this, the costs of such launch party will be borne by the Promoter.
- The Winner consents to the Promoter taking photographs and using such images of their Venue in the absence of any suitable images supplied.
- You will retain ownership of all intellectual property rights (including copyright) in your entry, but you agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website www.prsformusic.com and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Competition. You agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
- You confirm that your entry:
- a) is your own original work and does not breach any third party’s intellectual property rights (for example, by including a company’s trade mark without permission);
- b) can be submitted to us and used without breaching any contractual obligation to any person; and
- c) does not contain anything which may be confidential or commercially sensitive.
- If your entry contains photographs or video images of people, you must ensure that you inform them that you intend to use the material for the purposes of this promotion and obtain their consent. We may ask you for evidence of any such consent and reserve the right to disqualify your entry if you are unable to provide it or if we have doubts about its adequacy.
- You are not entitled to any fees for granting the licence and you are not entitled to terminate it unless we agree in writing.
- The prize for the Winner will be Products and/or Services up to an aggregate value of £10,000.00 (ten thousand pounds). The prize awarded may be to a value less than £10,000.00 which shall depend on the costs of the proposals submitted in the winning entry.
- The Products and/or Services must:
- a) reflect the proposals set out in the entry submitted by the Winner; and
- b) enhance the live music offering of the Venue, which may include the experience for customers, performing artists or songwriters.
- (the “Prize”).
- The Promoter will seek to engage retailers and/or suppliers directly for the Products and/or Services, on behalf of the Winner.
- Alternatively, the Promoter may at its discretion permit the Winner to purchase any Products and/or acquire the Services themselves and the Promoter will then re-imburse the Winner. To qualify for the re-imbursement, the Winner will be required to:
- a) obtain the approval of the Promoter before committing to any Products and/or Services; and
- b) supply valid receipts and/or invoices to the Promoter for all Products or Services relating to the Prize.
- The Promoter may withhold approval under 31(a) where the Products and/or Services do not meet the requirements set out under 29.
- Where the Prize is the provision by the Promoter of Products and/or Services, the Prize shall be awarded as soon as reasonably practical following:
- a) agreement between the Winner and the Promoter as to how to implement the Winner’s entry; and
- b) the Promoter’s engagement of the applicable retailer or supplier.
- The Winner acknowledges that the date for awarding the entirety of the Prize may be influenced by factors that are outside of the Promoter’s control, such as the availability of equipment from retailers or of suitable suppliers of services. If excessive delays are likely, the Promoter may suggest alternative Products and Services more readily available, which will be as closely aligned to the proposals in the winning entry as reasonably possible.
- Where the Prize is re-imbursement, the Promoter will award the Prize no later than 30 days from the date of submission to the Promoter of any valid invoices or receipts. The re-imbursement may occur on a per-invoice basis.
- The Prize is not transferable to any other individual, venue or organisation.
- In the unlikely event that no Products or Services can be sourced that reflect the winning entry and no suitable alternatives are available, then the Promoter will substitute a cash alternative for the Prize.
- Personal information collected through the application process will not be passed on to any third parties. The Promoter will only process personal information in accordance with these Terms and as set out in our privacy notice: https://www.prsformusic.com/privacy. See also clause 18, the announcement of winners.
Rights of the Promoter
- The Promoter reserves in its sole discretion, the right to not offer the Prize to any entrants if:
- a) no entries of sufficient quality are received (or that meet the criteria referred to in clause 16);
- b) an insufficient number of entries are received; or
- c) entries of sufficient quality or number are received but these cannot be reasonably implemented by the Promoter.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for: (a) lost, late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications; and/or (b) any event which may cause the Competition to be disrupted.
- Proof of submission of the entry shall not be proof of receipt of the entry.
- The decision of the judges nominated by the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- All stated information, eligibility and submission guidelines, requirements for entry, and entry information may be subject to change or modification by the Promoter without notice.
- Whilst nothing in these Terms will limit the Promoter’s liability for death of personal injury caused by negligence or for fraud, Entrants release and hold harmless the Promoter from any and all liability and any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Competition to the extent permitted by law.
- These Terms shall be governed by and in accordance with the laws of England and each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.