Independent live music venues are an important part of the music industry ecosystem in the UK. The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has put enormous pressure on the live music sector.
To help support this return we have launched Back To Live Music Venue Prize to give independent live music venues the chance to win one of six regional prizes of up to £10,000 to help improve their facilities for songwriters, artists or music fans.
Our Back To Live Music Venue Prize is now closed. Thank you to everyone that entered. Shortlisted venues for each region will be contacted directly and details of the winning venue.
- Midlands and The North of England –
Winner: Deacon, The County Music Bar, Derbyshire
Winner: Hilton, CWRW, Carmarthenshire
Winner: McGrory, The Bungalow, Renfrewshire
Northern Ireland –
Winner: Ennis, The Goat’s Toe, County Down
- East and South England –
Winner: Singh, The Subscription Rooms, Gloucestershire
Winner: Massey, Dona, London
You can view the full terms and conditions for the competition here:
This competition is for independent live music venues. Venues can be bespoke music venues or be part of another business such as a pub or bar as long as they had an established live music offering before COVID-19.
To enter the competition, you must be:
- 18 years or over;
- A resident of the UK; and
- An authorised representative of a venue that meets the following criteria:
- The venue will have an established live music offering by hosting (prior to the Covid-19 pandemic and going forward in the future) at least 100 days of live music a year;
- The venue is not part of a national brand;
- Music is fully integrated within the venue offering; and
- The venue is based in the region for the competition that you enter.
An “authorised representative” is someone with the authority to:
- Enter agreements on behalf of the Venue;
- Authorise the Promoter to use the name and image(s) of the Venue in connection with the Competition; and
- Approve any purchases of physical products and/or the services of installing the physical products at the premises of the Venue, or, alternatively, manage the obtaining of the consents from the relevant parties in relation to those products or services.
The prize money is to be spent on physical products and/or the services of installing the physical products, to enhance the live music offering of your venue. Your ideas and plans need to be detailed in your entry and will form part of the information the judging panel will use to decide on the winner.
Please use the judging criteria to inform your entries.
The competition regions have been created using counties. Please see the list of counties for each competition below.
- Blaenau Gwent
- Merthyr Tydfil
- Neath Port Talbot
- Rhondda Cynon Taff
- The Vale of Glamorgan
Midlands and North England
- East Riding
- East Yorkshire
- Greater Manchester
- North Yorkshire
- South Yorkshire
- Tyne and Wear
- West Midlands
- West Yorkshire
- City of London
- Greater London
South and East England
- East Sussex
- Isle of Wight
- West Sussex
- Argyll and Bute
- Dumfries and Galloway
- East Ayrshire
- East Dunbartonshire
- East Lothian
- Eilean Siar
- North Ayrshire
- North Lanarkshire
- Orkney Islands
- Perth and Kinross
- Shetland Islands
- South Ayrshire
- South Lanarkshire
- The Scottish Borders
- West Dunbartonshire
- West Lothian
We have a panel of industry experts made up of representatives for the music, arts, and hospitality sectors. The panel will meet and decide on the winner for each region based on the pre-determined judging criteria. This criteria will also be used in the shortlisting process.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding the entry process.
PRS for Music Limited, trading as PRS for Music, Goldings House, 2 Hays Lane, London, SE1 2HB