Performances in the US
To help us collect royalties for the performance of your work in North America, you'll need to choose a US collection society to represent your rights. We work with three societies to collect our members' performance royalties in the US. These are ASCAP, BMI and SESAC.
If your rights are represented by BMI
BMI pay royalties for the top 300 grossing tours each quarter. This includes both headliners and their support acts. If your performance is not one of the top 300 tours, you can report your event on the BMI Live scheme.
BMI do not make adjustments for past performances so it's vital to meet their reporting deadlines.
You can also report your event through our live reporting service.
If your rights are represented by ASCAP
ASCAP pay royalties for the top 300 grossing tours each quarter. This includes both headliners and their support acts. They also pay royalties for events at the following venues and other venues from the associated tour.
- American Airlines Arena - Miami, FL
- Beacon Theatre - New York, NY
- Hollywood Bowl - Los Angeles, CA
- James L. Knight Center - Miami, FL
- Madison Square Garden Arena - New York, NY
- Miami Arena - Miami, FL
- Office Deport Center - Sunrise, FL
- Radio City Music Hall - New York, NY
- Roberto Clemente Coliseum - San Juan, PR
- Staples Center - Los Angeles, CA
- The Forum - Inglewood, CA
- The Theatre At Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
- Universal Amphitheatre - Universal City, CA
If you were not paid as part of their census of top 300 tours each year, or have not performed in one of their 13 venues, you can apply for payment through their annual Onstage scheme. The scheme relates to performances in the preceding year only.
To apply for an ASCAP Onstage payment for the preceding year, report your events on our live reporting service before 31 June. For example, the deadline for submitting all 2020 US performances is 31 June 2021 and so on.
If your rights are represented by SESAC
You can report events for up to three years ago through our live reporting service.