As the songwriting community gears up for The Ivors 2020, PRS for Music is reflecting on the power of songs in turbulent times with a one-off competition for its members.
The prize for the best entry is an exclusive virtual masterclass with BRIT and Grammy-award winning producer Steve Levine.
Steve has worked with some of the most influential artists the world has ever seen and continues to produce music for both emerging and legacy artists.
This is a unique opportunity to access Steve’s experience and expertise in order to further develop your songwriting.
How to enter
To enter, simply head to your chosen social channel and answer the following question.
Which song have you found the most comfort in throughout the pandemic, and which specific lyrics have helped you through?
PRS members can enter by replying to or commenting on the launch announcements on any of the PRS for Music social accounts (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) which will be released on Friday 31 July. You’ll need to reply with:
- the song name
- the key lyrics
- the competition hashtag #LyricsWeLeanOn
The winning entry will be announced during the week of The Ivors ceremony, taking place on Wednesday 2 September.
Terms and Conditions
1. To be entered into the prize draw you must be a writer member of Performing Right Society Limited (PRS) and/or Mechanical-Copyright Protection Society (MCPS) and reply to or comment on either a) the post launching the #LyricsWeLeanOn competition on Facebook on Friday 31 July 2020, b) the tweet launching the competition on Twitter on Friday 31 July 2020 or c) the post launching the competition on Instagram on Friday 31 July 2020.
2. All competition entries must be received by no later than 23:59 on Friday 14 August 2020 (the “Closing Time”) with the song name, your favourite lyrics within the song and the hashtag #LyricsWeLeanOn. Only one entry per person is allowed.
3. PRS for Music will not accept: a) responsibility for competition entries that are incorrectly submitted, lost, delayed in transit or not delivered, regardless if cause, including for example due to technical faults; or b) proof or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition. Entries received after the Closing Time will not be considered.
4. The five finalists will be shortlisted by a judging panel consisting of Steve Levine and a small group of five PRS for Music employees by 23:59 on Friday 21 August 2020. Names of the finalists and details of their entries will be shared on the PRS for Music Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
5. The winning entry will be decided on by the same judging panel as in 4. by 23:59 on Friday 28 August 2020. The winner will be notified by the social media account they entered with, by 23:59 on Friday 4 September 2020. The winning entry (limited to details about the song and songwriter) will be shared on the PRS for Music Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. The winner will be named on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
6. The prize to be won by the winner is one mentoring session with Steve Levine to be delivered one-to-one via online video call, as specified above (the “Prize”).
7. If the winner does not respond to PRS for Music within 2 working days of being notified, the winner’s Prize will be forfeited and PRS for Music will be entitled to select another winner. Once the winner has confirmed notification of the Prize, PRS for Music will begin to arrange the date and time for when the Prize will take place.
8. The Prize is not exchangeable nor transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
9. PRS for Music’s decision regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
10. The winner’s name will be available on request by sending an email to email@example.com after the draw date within one month of the competition Closing Time.
11. This competition is not open to employees of PRS for Music, their families, or any third party directly associated with the administration of the prize draw.
12. PRS for Music cannot be held responsible for the failure of any third parties to fulfil their obligations associated with this competition. In order to receive the Prize, the winner may be required to agree to terms imposed by third parties providing services, such as video calling services, which are necessary in order to deliver the Prize.
13. By submitting a competition entry you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. PRS for Music reserves the right to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
15. PRS for Music reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the prize draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
16. This prize draw is governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute in relation thereto is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
17. The promoter of this prize draw is PRS for Music Limited, 2 Pancras Square, London, NC1 4AG.