Skip navigation links
Businesses and live events
Broadcast and online
Recorded media
Production music
Customer portal

Limited Online Music Licence (LOML) 

LOML is an annual blanket licence for small online services offering music or general entertainment content to the UK public. You may be able to benefit from this simplified scheme if your service generates less than £12,500 in annual gross revenue.

Buy now Existing users login

Which services are covered by LOML?

LOML covers on-demand streaming, permanent downloads, podcasts, webcasting, karaoke services and general entertainment. Please download our LOML guide or the full terms and conditions for more information about the different service types.

How much does it cost?

Annual licences start at £133 + VAT, although the actual rates depend upon the type of service and the level of music usage. Download our LOML guide for the full rate table.

You can choose to be charged pro-rata for the relevant months if you know you will only use music for part of the year, subject to a minimum charge of £66 + VAT. Please note we cannot issue refunds if you pay for your licence, then change your music usage.

How do I apply?

You can apply online once you have selected the right licence for your service. You will need to submit a usage declaration form after 12 months, specifying the music actually used.

Buy now

More information

Please download the full terms and conditions or contact our licensing team if you need more information about LOML.

T: +44 (0)20 3741 4500

Online Karaoke Services

Please note PRS for Music is unable to offer a licence for certain repertoire works for online karaoke services. More information, and a detailed list of the excluded writers is available here.  

At present, online karaoke licences issued by PRS for Music will, by default, not contain works published or administered in the UK by the Sony/ATV and EMI publishing groups. If you require an online karaoke licence, please contact the Online Licensing team at for more information prior to obtaining a licence.

If you obtain a LOML for karaoke services without prior arrangements with Sony/ATV, your licence will not cover the publishing groups' repertoire, and use of its works may lead to infringement of copyright.

Other rights and licences you may need

PRS for Music offers licences for the use of musical works on behalf of music publishers. You must also seek a licence from the company that owns the sound recording of that musical work – usually a record company. Please contact Phonographic Performance Limited (PPL) in order to establish who owns the sound recording you wish to use.

Card types accepted

We accept the following debit/credit card types:

  • Maestro
  • Visa Debit (Delta)
  • Visa Electron
  • Solo
  • Mastercard
  • Visa

Follow us on M Magazine Twitter Facebook Linked In YouTube
© PRS for Music