Skip navigation links
Malta Home
Music Licensing in Malta
Malta Gigs, Clubs and Small Venues
Malta FAQs
Contact us - Malta

Malta Gigs, Clubs and Small Venues 

If a song that you’ve written is performed at a gig or in a club or small venue in Malta you could be due a payment for that performance.

How does it work and what royalty can I expect per performance?

You must be a member of PRS for Music to make a claim. Alternatively, if you are a member of or an affiliated performing right organisation, that organisation can use the scheme on your behalf.

If you have performed at a pub, club, bar, community centre or hotel since 1st January 2010, just send us a representative set list and we'll pay the songwriters/publishers of the works performed. This includes touring performers, resident performers and DJs.

To make a claim please log into your online account and click on Report My Live Performances and follow the instructions. If you do not have an online account please register for one now.

Each event will generate a royalty which is outlined below. That amount is divided amongst the works performed at that event. The amount each song on the representative set list receives is further divided amongst songwriters and music publishers.

The royalty can vary depending on what year the event took place and if other bands on the same bill also claim their share of the royalty for the same event.

 Country In GBP (£) 
 Malta  £4.00


Distribution Schedule

Claims Received*

Distribution Date

January - June

October (same year)

July - December

April (following year)


* The period during which we received your claim

Please note, you will only receive royalties once the total amount to be distributed exceeds our minimum threshold for non-UK residents of £60 (across all royalty sources).  

Information on PRS minimum payments

What is a representative set list?

The set list must be made up of the songs or tracks that are most representative of the music being performed at the events submitted and must contain at least one song by a member of a performing right organisation.

Submit a Gigs, Clubs and Small Venues claim

What performances does the scheme exclude and how can I go about claiming for these performances?

The scheme does not cover, though they are reported in the same way:

Read the FAQs


Follow us on M Magazine Twitter Facebook Linked In YouTube
© PRS for Music