Skip navigation links
Member resources
Help Centre
News and features

MCPS backclaims 

Mechanical-Copyright Protection SocietyWhat are back claims?

Back claims arise when the status of a piece of music changes (e.g. if you register music that has already been released and was previously unregistered). They allow you to claim royalties owed to you for the use of your music.

How do you claim backdated royalties for your music already exploited by a record company?

Royalty payments are subject to our current service levels. All timescales detailed are approximate and payments can be delayed for a variety of reasons.

Please read the details of the MCPS back claims service levels. You should then submit a claim through your Member Services representative.

Further Information

Contact your Member Services representative if the timescales provided are exceeded or if you have any further questions.


Follow us on M Magazine Twitter Facebook Linked In YouTube
© PRS for Music