Skip navigation links
Businesses and live events
Broadcast and online
Recorded media
Production music

Difference between PRS for Music and PPL 

PRS for Music and PPL (Phonographic Performance Limited) are separate organisations who license different sets of rights in the use of music. You may need a licence from both organisations.

About PRS for Music

PRS for Music licensingPRS for Music is a society of songwriters, composers and music publishers. We license the use of our members’ musical compositions and lyrics when they are played in public, broadcast on radio or TV, used on the internet or copied onto physical products such as CDs or DVDs.

About PPL

PPL licenses the use of recorded music where played in public, broadcast on radio or TV, or used on the internet, on behalf of record companies and performers.

Find out more information about PPL

How do I get a licence?

We provide bespoke licences tailored to your needs. Please call 0800 068 4828 to speak to our team so that we can ensure we're providing the best value for you. Lines are open 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.

Alternatively, fill in your details below and we'll contact you.

First name:
Select business sector:
Query type:
Preferred callback time:


Want to find out more?

Browse our list of business sectors to find one applicable to you.

Browse sectors
Site map | Terms of use | Cookie policy | Privacy

PRS for Music moved in November 2014, which may affect the way you contact us. Visit general enquiries to find out how to get in touch.

Follow us on M Magazine Twitter Facebook Linked In YouTube
© PRS for Music