Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us. We collect personal information from visitors to this website which includes information you provide when you create an online account to use our web based system, submit membership application forms, apply to request or take out a music licence, pay an invoice online, enter a competition or survey and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information (collected via a secure payment processor).
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate (e.g. m-magazine.co.uk). We also work closely with selected third parties (including, for example, business partners and sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services) and may receive information about you from them.
Use of information
We will use the information set out above to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- provide and personalise our services to you;
- notify you about changes to our service or improvements to our website;
- deal with your enquiries and requests;
- administer orders and accounts relating to our licensees;
- administer licensee and membership records;
- maintain information as a reference tool or general resource;
- disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing, research and strategic development purposes.
Disclosure of information
We will share your personal information with the Performing Right Society ("PRS") and/or the Mechanical-Copyright Protection Society ("MCPS"), as appropriate.
We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, including:
- other collecting societies in and outside the EEA.
- other closely related organisations, such as the PRS for Music Benevolent Fund and the PRS for Music Foundation.
- Suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf in which case such supplier will only process personal information according to the instructions we give them.
- Future owners of our business, in which case personal data held by PRS for Music Limited about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
Certain sections of this website are only open to registered users and give those registered users the ability to review and modify personal information previously provided to us. We ask that you do not share user names, passwords or any other secure access information with anyone – you are responsible for keeping this information confidential and secure. You must notify us in the event that such information is revealed to, or accessed by, anyone else or where you become aware of a breach of confidentiality or any unauthorised use of this website.
Where you have registered with us and provided your consent, we will use the information you provide us to:
- send you information about other products and services provided by us; and /or
- send you information about related products or services offered by our sister organisations (e.g. the PRS for Music Benevolent Fund, the PRS for Music Foundation, PRS and MCPS) and selected third parties offering relevant music-related services.
You can opt out of this at any time by contacting us here.
Our website may contain links to other websites which are outside our control and are not covered by this policy. We encourage you to read the privacy policies on the other websites you visit.
Access to your information
You have a right to access the personal information held about you by submitting a "Subject Access Request". A Subject Access Request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with the details of the information we may hold about you.
To make a Subject Access Request you will need to put the request in writing, and send it to the address set out below.
How your information is stored
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Data Protection Officer
PRS for Music Ltd
2 Pancras Square
London N1C 4AG