2 December 2009
PRS for Music is hosting a reception for MPs at the House of Commons this Christmas featuring the world’s only parliamentary rock band MP4 and breakthrough talent Honey Ryder.
Held at the Terrace Pavilion on December 2nd the Christmas reception will for the very first time MP4 performing at the Palace of Westminster. MP4 – founded as MP3 in 2004 – are big supporters of the UK music industry and features Ian Cawsey MP (bass guitar and vocals), Kevin Brennan MP (guitar), Greg Knight MP (drums) and Pete Wishart MP (keyboards). Joining the politicians this year are the sensational Honey Ryder who Terry Wogan has described as “mean, moody and magnificent” and are enjoying critical and commercial success with their debut album ‘Rising Up’.
Jeremy Fabinyi, acting CEO, PRS for Music commented “We’re delighted to support this year’s Christmas gig and the world’s only parliamentary rock band MP4. Music is at the heart of everything we do and it is great our passion for music is shared by many MPs. For the first time the Christmas reception will showcase some of the best emerging talent the UK has, with a set by PRS for Music members Honey Ryder.”
Ian from MP4 added “We are proud to support the UK music industry and are happy to perform at the PRS for Music reception. This is the first time we’ve played at the House and I’m delighted to share a stage with the excellent Honey Ryder.”
Honey Ryder commented “We’ve performed so many gigs this year is some weird and wonderful places but nothing comes close to a gig on Britain’s most historical terrace. At least the politicians across all parties seem to agree they like Honey Ryder.”
PRS for Music has been working with MPs from all parties through 2009 to highlight the work it does with the UK’s songwriters, composers and music publishers and will continue to do so in 2010.
Charts / Radio / TV
* 2 Top 40 Singles (Numb charted at Number 32 / Fly Away charted at 31)
* 2 Radio 2 Playlists (Choices & Love In Time) - Big support from Radio 2 especially Terry Wogan and Janice Long
* BBC Radio 2 Live Session with Janice Long in June
* Acoustic UK Regional Radio Tour
* Album of the Week and Single of the Day on BFBS Radio
* Fly Away reached Number 8 in the Up Front Club Chart
* Rising Up is currently in the Top 20 in the Commercial Pop Club Chart
* Performed at BBC Children In Need in Belfast in front of 10 million viewers
* Band appeared live on Sky News (Jeff Randall show) to discuss upcoming trip to Japan
Gigs & Tours Completed
* 4 UK sold out Support Tours (Michael Bolton, Will Young, Hue & Cry x2) incl. Royal Albert Hall, NIA, SECC, Roundhouse
* Packed showcase at MIDEM this year on the British Stage
* 4 gigs at SXSW this year
* Personally invited by Barbara Orbison to perform at Roy’s Birthday Tribute Concert in London (Barbara then flew over to help promote Honey Ryder’s single ‘Love in Time’ as she loved their version of Roy’s song)
* Acoustic gig at The Cobden Club on Sept 30th (The Hit Sheet Monthly)
* Heart FM Radio Concert at the New Continental Hotel, Plymouth on November 21st
* Signed Licensing Deal in Canada with 'Awesome' (distributed through EMI)
* Signed Licensing Deal in SE Asia with 'EQ Music'
* Band appeared live on Sky News (Jeff Randall show) to discuss trip to Japan
Album & In-Store Promo
* Debut Album 'Rising Up' now on sale in all HMV stores across the UK & online via iTunes, Play.com, Amazon etc etc
* Caffe Nero Artist of the Month (August/September) - Flyers in 400 UK stores and songs played every day.
* Songs added to major UK in-store Playlist - in over 20,000 stores (including Marks & Spencer, Pizza Express)
For more information on Honey Ryder please visit www.honeyryder.co.uk or contact Kate Chaundy of Quite Great Publicity on 01223 410000 or firstname.lastname@example.org