Skip navigation links
Joining Us FAQs
Benefits of Membership

I am in a band but do not have writing credits on the songs 

Are you in a band which performs original songs, but have not been part of the songwriting process? If so, you do not need to join PRS for Music.


If you do not write or publish music but are a performer or record company, you may want to consider joining the organisation, PPL (Phonographic Performance Limited). PPL is a separate body which represents the use of copyright music, but on behalf of performers and record companies. So if you are performing original material for a recording, you may be able to claim royalties from PPL.

Visit www.ppluk.com for more information.

When to join PRS for Music

You may later wish to consider joining PRS for Music if you start writing songs or musical compositions that are performed live in concert, broadcast on radio or TV, used online, or otherwise performed in public. We will then help ensure you are rewarded when the music you have written is played or performed in accordance with our distribution rules.

Follow us on M Magazine Twitter Facebook Linked In YouTube
© PRS for Music