Skip navigation links
Our organisation
Our people
Our track record
Corporate resources
Policy and research
Press centre

You already have a PPL licence 

PRS for Music administers the performing right in musical works such as songs or instrumentals. Phonographic Performance Ltd (PPL) licenses rights similar to PRS for Music’s but in relation to copyright ‘sound recordings’, rather than original musical works which may have been embodied in them. So, if you play copyright recorded music by any means including CDs, tapes, records, radio, TV, etc, you may also need a PPL licence as well as one from us. PPL represents record companies and performers. PRS for Music represents composers, songwriters and music publishers.

Follow us on M Magazine Twitter Facebook Linked In YouTube
© PRS for Music