Skip navigation links
Our organisation
Our people
Our track record
Corporate resources
Policy and research
Press centre

What will happen if you don't get a PRS Music licence? 

PRS for Music will take all reasonable steps to ensure those playing copyright music in public are made aware of the need for a licence.

We have representatives in and around the UK who visit public premises to assess potential licensing requirements and we regularly contact businesses to help ensure they are not infringing copyright.

Failure to obtain a licence for the use of music in public may result in civil action against you for copyright infringement and you may be liable to pay damages and costs.

A licence from PRS for Music is required for playing music under the terms of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.

Follow us on M Magazine Twitter Facebook Linked In YouTube
© PRS for Music