British Public vote for top Royal Wedding songs
‘Dancing in the Street’ and ‘Candle in the Wind’ make it into top 5
Latest research from PRS for Music has revealed the top 5 favourite songs, as voted by the Public, to be played at street parties* being held to celebrate the forthcoming Royal Wedding. Also revealed are the top 5 most popular songs for the happy couple’s first dance.
The research, which surveyed 3,000 people across the UK, shows that ‘Dancing in the Street’, performed and sung by David Bowie and Mick Jagger, has been voted the best street party song. Other songs voted into the top 5 include ‘I Got a Feeling’ by the Black Eyed Peas and The Beatles’ romantic classic ‘All You Need Is Love’.
The top 5 line up for favourite first dance choices for the Royal Wedding includes Sir Elton John’s iconic ‘Candle in the Wind’, as well as Whitney Houston’s unforgettable ‘I Will Always Love You’.
Top 5 Royal Wedding Street Party Songs:
- Dancing in the Street – David Bowie / Mick Jagger
- I Got a Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
- Don’t Stop Me Now – Queen
- Sex Is On Fire – Kings of Leon
- All You Need is Love – The Beatles
Top 5 First Dance – choices for the Royal Wedding
- Candle in the Wind – Sir Elton John
- I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
- Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Have I Told You Lately – Van Morrison
There are some great suggestions in this chart to help people plan their own Street Party celebrations for the Royal Wedding. As to the first dance, I’m sure Kate and William will chose a song that is special to both of them. Any writer will hope their song is chosen as it will undoubtedly receive both an airplay and sales boost.