The winners have been announced for the fourth annual Scottish Awards for New Music.
The awards celebrate Scotland’s contemporary music scene and showcase some of the most innovative, experimental and ground-breaking work taking place in Scotland.
The virtual event took place last night, 14 April, and was hosted on YouTube Premieres by tenor and BBC Radio Scotland presenter, Jamie MacDougall.
You can find the list of winners below.
(* represents a PRS for Music member)
- Large Scale New Work (11+ performers) sponsored by PRS for Music - *Stuart MacRae: Anthropocene
- The RCS Award for Contribution to New Music in Scotland - Drake Music Scotland
- Scottish New Music Performer(s) of the Year - Scottish Ensemble
- Environmental Sustainability - Nevis Ensemble
- The RCS Award for Making it Happen - *Ben Lunn: Diversions
- The ISM prize for Collaboration - Diversions: Ben Lunn, Drake Music Scotland, Hebrides Ensemble and Queen’s Hall Edinburgh
- The Dorico Award for Small / Medium Scale New Work (1 - 10 performers) sponsored by Steinberg - *Martin Suckling: The Tuning
- Electroacoustic/Sound Artwork - *Edwin Hillier: Dhātu
- Community/Education project (joint winners) - Tinderbox Collective and SCO Soundmoves
- The Good Spirits Co Award for Innovation in New Traditional Music - Aidan O’Rourke and *Kit Downes: 365
- Recorded New Work - Chamber Music and Songs by *Judith Weir: Airs from Another Planet. Hebrides Ensemble/Delphian Records.
- The SMIA Award for Creative Programming - *Matthew Whiteside: The Night With…
Watch the Scottish Awards for New Music.