Charity and community discount scheme
We have introduced a discount scheme for charity and community events, allowing organisers to apply for a discount.
Charity and community organisations may apply for a discount against the standard charge made for events or featured music sessions, in return for advertising of PRS for Music’s support at the event. The level of discount applied to your event will be determined by PRS for Music.
Applications will be considered on the following basis: All proceeds from the event must go to registered charities or named community groups. In addition the applicable tariff must not already take account of the voluntary or charitable status of the licensee (PRS for Music will determine this and advise you accordingly). And at least two of the following criteria must be satisfied:
- The event makes no charge for admission
- The charitable purpose is a significant element of the advertising for the event
- The event is principally organised by unpaid volunteers
In addition, please note the following conditions:
- Customers who wish to apply must complete the application form in full, and PRS for Music must receive the form at least 14 days prior to the event.
- PRS for Music will review all applications and advise whether any discount will be granted to the customer. Completion of the form does not guarantee that any discount will be awarded.
- The discount is intended mainly for small charities and small community events to which a PRS for Music licence fee may present a barrier to running an event. However, discounts under this policy may be considered for any charity or community event.
- A discount will normally only be granted where music use is essential or integral to the charity/community event. A discount will only be granted for background music in exceptional circumstances.
- A discount will not normally be granted to Corporate or Local Authority customers.
- The discount will not apply if the customer does not meet the standard payment terms of the licence.
- We reserve the right to change or remove this policy at any time without notice.
Note: The discount cannot be applied to events in or covered by charges for:
- Community Buildings licensed under tariff CB
- Not for Profit Member’s Clubs licensed under tariff JMC
- Nurseries licensed under tariffs N
- Universities licensed under tariffs UC
- Youth Clubs and Hostels licensed under tariffs YCH
- Performances/presentations at Theatres licensed under tariff T
- Variety shows licensed under tariff V
- Classical music events licensed under tariff LC
- Popular music events licensed under tariffs LP (where the is a charge for admission)
- Events covered by licences administered by CEFM or CCLI.