TV Broadcast licence - non-BARB rated TV channels

Who needs this licence

The General Entertainment TV (GETV) licence is the correct licence for you if your TV channel broadcasts music controlled by us within the UK and is not BARB rated.

What this licence covers

The UK broadcast of members’ music as part of programmes, adverts and trailers on linear TV channels.

The copying in the UK of members' music into programmes and trailers.

How we calculate the licence fee

The licence fees are calculated on the basis of:

  • the amount of music broadcast on your channel, as a percentage of your total broadcast hours
  • the amount of content you produce or commission, as a percentage of your total broadcast hours.

GETV Rates

GETV Rate Table

Apply for a licence

Please complete the application form and email to or post to the following address:

Broadcast Licensing
PRS for Music
2 Pancras Square

Once we have received your application, we will assign you an account manager who will be in contact to set up your licence. For further information please contact the licensing team on +44 (0)20 3741 4151.