TV Broadcast licence - BARB rated TV channels

Who needs this licence

TV channels that broadcast music controlled by us within the UK and that are rated by BARB. This licence also covers TV channels that broadcast in the UK for reception outside the UK. 

What this licence covers

The UK broadcast of members’ music as part of programmes, adverts and trailers on linear TV channels.

The copying in the UK of members' music into programmes and trailers.

How we calculate the licence fee

The licence fees are established on an indvidual basis taking account of:

  • the amount of music broadcast on your channel, as a percentage of your total broadcast hours
  • the amount of content you make or commission that contains members' music
  • your channel's viewing figures
  • the countries of reception.

Apply for a licence

Please complete the application form and email to or post to the following address:

Broadcast Licensing
PRS for Music
1st Floor, Goldings House
2 Hays Lane

Once we have received your application, we will assign you an account manager who will be in contact to set up your licence.

switching account

Switching your account...