PRS for Music consultation
We are introducing improvements to our service using Richard Hooper’s recommendations from his review of PRS for Music. Richard Hooper CBE was appointed to lead an independent review on the role of PRS for Music. Hooper carried out the review in 2013 following consultation with our members. He met with 57 writer and publisher members of PRS and MCPS to discuss a wide range of topics, from licensing to distribution policy, governance to public affairs.
Following the consultation, he submitted a series of recommendations to the PRS Board. After the Board’s consideration, we are reviewing a number of projects over the coming year, including:
- Introducing specialist account managers for classical and production music.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of analogies used for the distribution of public performance revenue and considering the extent to which music recognition technology can help.
- Continuing to drive improvements in data quality and standards throughout the music eco-system.
- Investigating options for more accurate audience tracking for TV distributions, such as additional time of day bands, or programme-level audience weighting.
- Improving PRS for Music’s web presence.
Work is underway on these projects and you will be informed of any further changes in due course.