On with the show
We know the last 18 months have been incredibly difficult for many members, and for those who perform live, the devastating impact the pandemic has had on the live music industry has been especially hard. We want to help.
We’re delighted that people are slowly able to get back to enjoying live music in a safe environment. As it starts back up, we’ve launched ‘On with the Show’, an initiative to provide support and resources to help you on the journey back to live performing.
We’re just getting started, so there’ll be lots more to come over the next few months.
- Provide a safe space for you to reflect on the past year and your creative practice
- Build confidence and deal with the inner critic
- Find your voice and understanding of what drives you
- Build a network and stay connected
Festivals and events
Look out for us at these festivals and events. We’ve got friendly representatives at the following:
- Dot-to-Dot Festival, Bristol & Nottingham: 25 - 26 September
- Ipswich Sound City: 1 - 2 October
- Liverpool Sound City: 1 - 3 October
- Wild Paths Festival: 14 - 17 October
- Focus Wales: 7 - 9 October
- Swansea Fringe: 15 - 17 October
Musician’s Union Fair Play Guide - explains how musicians can recognise and negotiate fair deals and subsequently work with promoters to ensure that shows are successful and that they are appropriately remunerated for their efforts and performance.
Keep an eye on M Magazine for coverage from the festivals.
As always, make sure you register your music and, if you have performed live in the last three years, report your setlists in order to receive any royalties you are due.
This is just the beginning; we’ve got lots more to come.