Test Manager, Application Development
Location: The role will be based across our office in London Bridge and remotely as we operate a hybrid model of working
Closing Date: Thursday 6 July 2022
About the role
The main responsibilities of the role can be categorised as follows:
Portfolio / Project Test Management
- Ensure the correct approach to assurance and standards is applied to programmes and projects in the portfolio.
- Provide visibility of the progress and reporting for both review and planning purposes.
- Provide testing consultancy and advice to delivery programmes and projects.
- Drive best practices and planning of testing into programmes and projects from initiation and onwards.
- Ensure cross-portfolio testing delivery is aligned and effective.
- Act as a key point of escalation for all delivery programme stakeholders for testing
- Drive education and understanding of key delivery stakeholders.
Delivering excellence in development
- Establish a Testing Community where knowledge and expertise are shared throughout the IT organisation
- Strategically advise the IT leadership on the current state and emerging trends
Managing the demand for a small team
- Working with the resourcing manager, ensure the resourcing requirements from the business are planned effectively to optimise utilisation
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Act upon feedback from key stakeholders across the organisation regarding the performance of the team deliverables
Developing a high-performing team
- Increase the technical capability of the team, encouraging the development of technical tools based on business requirements
- Support and foster an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Motivate and coach team members
- Identify capability gaps and training needs, and put plans in place to address any issues
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
The successful candidate will be the contact point for all team members, so your communication skills must be excellent. You should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration to meet the demands of the business. You will build and drive a successful test team and mentor and coach your team to ensure an excellent level of service to our customers
The successful candidate will have;
- Proven, strong experience working within the field.
- The ability to produce accurate estimates for testing and ensuring standards are adhered to.
- Experience in creating and implementing test strategies.
- Experience of working in an Agile / Waterfall environment
- Developed test scenarios according to defined standards.
- Worked with team members to fully understand user stories / business requirements and acceptance criteria
- The ability to execute manual test scenarios and test automation scripts
- Created test automation framework from scratch using various tools (Selenium WebDriver with C#, Visual Studio, SpecFlow, NUnit/MSTest).
- Experience in using CICD (Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery/Deployment) tool e.g., TeamCity to run tests and analyse test results.
- Experience in using source code management tool like Azure DevOps Repo, GIT.
- The ability to organise own work and the work of others to deliver team objectives.
- Experience in creating API/Web Services test automation framework from scratch using various tools (RestSharp, C#, NUnit/MSTest, SpecFlow).
- An understanding of SQL and ability to use SQL tools to query a database to retrieve data.
- Experience with defect management (such as use of Jira) and risk management
- Experience working in Agile or V-Model software development environment.
It is desirable for the successful candidate to have;
- Knowledge or experience in using BrowserStack
- Knowledge or experience in performance testing using JMeter.
- Experience using AuraPlayer to create test automation for Oracle applications
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Oracle Cloud, Mulesoft
- Experience of using Testrail
- Knowledge of Sonar Cloud, Blazemeter
We have worked hard at PRS for Music to create a culture where each colleague can bring their true selves to work and thrive.
We want you to have the work/life balance you need, so our flexible working approach covers both location and hours. You can work with your manager to find the hours that work best for you, as long as you are available for meetings when needed. We even provide the opportunity twice a year to work remotely, for up to a month at a time, in the UK or abroad.
We love music and host events so we can socialise as a team and share our passion. From our legendary Christmas Gig and PRS Presents to quizzes, drag queen bingo, comedy nights and team socials. Wellbeing is high on our agenda with a full programme of events, webinars, and initiatives, plus a team of Mental Health First Aiders to ensure we are happy, healthy and engaged.