Technical Analyst (Platforms)
Salary: Up to £51,000 per annum
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Analyst to join our Technical Services team within the Chief Information Office on a permanent contract. The role will be based at our office in London Bridge and remotely as we operate a hybrid model of working.
About the Role
The successful candidate will provide both project management, engineering and guidance on technical aspects of developments and modifications to IT systems. Ensures that existing and planned information systems and infrastructure are compatible with relevant company technical strategies, policies and standards.
The main responsibilities of the Technical Analyst are to;
- Implement and document solutions that take advantage of internal and external service’s infrastructure directly and indirectly working with managed service partners and ensure service-take on to the infrastructure managed services
- Translate business and IT requirements into practical terms that can be implemented by existing or new technology
- Prepare and maintain realistic project, quality, and risk plans and monitors performance against each plan, providing reports to customer/user, management and senior management as required.
- Develop and maintain the direction of the technical infrastructure reflecting developments in technology and products, current best practice, responding to new business demands and opportunities and in line with the company’s IT strategy and the overall technical architecture.
- Provide expert advice, support and guidance to the systems development groups regarding the appropriate infrastructure required to support new developments and to act as technical infrastructure design authority on development projects.
- Provide technical Quality Assurance on all proposals for changes or enhancements to the infrastructure environment to ensure compliance with standards and consistency with the overall technical architecture and strategy
- Provide structured and documented evaluations of new technologies and products required as part of the company’s systems infrastructure to determine how these can be used to support the business objectives.
- Provide appropriate reporting to IT management and business units regarding progress on technical projects and any issues associated with the environment.
- Identify opportunities for optimising the set-up and configuration of systems and networks in order to improve the level of service provided to the business either through increased reliability, performance or functionality.
- Provide 3rd-level support for IT business operations
Experience & Person Profile
In-depth hands-on technical expertise in the following Windows environments:
- Azure on-premise server re-platforming journey end-to-end
- Windows Server OS upgrades – application analysis and upgrade dependencies and resolutions
- Azure Cloud IaaS/PaaS services and On-premise VMs and backup/recovery and security
- ARM Templates & PowerShell utilising Azure DevOps repositories
- Custom Azure RBAC policies and applying resource policies and standards o Azure reservations and Azure Partner CSP service
- Web technologies and IIS
- Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
Practical knowledge of:
- CI/CD pipelines using Team City/Octopus & Azure DevOps pipelines
- Network and Firewall/WAF technologies
- MS SQL IaaS/PaaS Database administration and technologies
- Desktop applications and infrastructure
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
- Experienced Windows systems administrator
- Experience of working with Virtualisation and SAN technologies
- Working experience of IT standards and codes of conduct
- Working knowledge of Change Management and Service Delivery Industry best practice (e.g.ITIL)
- Knowledge of Information Security Industry best practice (e.g. ISO27000)
- Proven experience of the application of technology to business related initiatives and problems.
- Experience of formalised project management methodologies and techniques and some project management skills.
PRS for Music has been at the heart of the music business since 1914, representing our membership of 160,000 songwriters, composers, and publishers. We pay royalties to our members when their musical works are performed, broadcast, streamed, or used in film and TV. We also work on impacting the music industry through collaborations, digital developments, influencing legislation and supporting new musical talent for the future.
We have worked hard at PRS for Music to create a culture where each colleague can bring their true selves to work and thrive.
We want you to have the work/life balance you need, so our flexible working approach covers both location and hours. You can work with your manager to find the hours that work best for you, as long as you are available for meetings when needed. We even provide the opportunity twice a year to work remotely, for up to a month at a time, in the UK or abroad.
We love music and host events so we can socialise as a team and share our passion. From our legendary Christmas Gig to quizzes, drag queen bingo, comedy nights and team socials. Wellbeing is high on our agenda with a full programme of events, webinars, and initiatives, plus a team of Mental Health First Aiders to ensure we are happy, healthy and engaged.
Sound like you?
If so, we would love to hear from you – apply now and send your CV & Covering Letter to email@example.com