Royalties Finance Analyst
Location: Based in Streatham, the role will start with working remotely with the opportunity to continue with some remote-working once we return to the office
Salary: £24,000 - £29,000
Term: 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: Sunday 7 March 2021
About the Role
Our Royalties Finance Analyst will perform monthly accounting tasks around PRS and MCPS royalty creditors. Everyday tasks will include reconciliation and posting of interfaces from joint ventures, control account postings of monthly revenues, application and posting of administration rates based on revenue categories, balance sheet reconciliations, and ad-hoc analysis and support for accounting issues.
Other duties will include:
- To complete month end processes to timetable
- To complete approximately twenty monthly balance sheet reconciliations, predominantly on royalty creditor balances
- Identification and resolution of reconciling items, liaison with other departments to ensure the integrity of the balances and correct accounting treatment
- To ensure the accuracy of ledger balances and provide backup of the figures for audit purposes and conduct control checks on distribution schedules, then reconcile payments to creditor balances and bank movements once they have been made
- To reconcile advance payments and recoupment of advances from distributions
- To provide support on completion of year end Statutory Audit requests
- To provide commentary on royalty creditor balances for quarterly balance sheet analytical reviews
- To assist on pipeline reporting, analysing and categorising royalty creditor balances to ensure correct presentation
The successful candidate will be analytically minded, enjoys data and has experience manipulating large data sets from a previous accounting/financial role within a Finance Team. You will be confident with your Excel skills being a daily proficient user and have intermediate skills (which include V Lookups, SUMIF, etc). You will also have experience of meeting tight deadlines whilst thriving in a busy environment.
Some knowledge of accounting processes would be advantageous, but you will be taught the broader range of the management and royalty accounting process. Ideally, you will be Part-Qualified of have an interest in pursuing a professional financial qualification. It would be beneficial to have balance sheet reconciliation experience and some knowledge of CODA.
You will have good attention to detail with the ability to critically evaluate information to identify potential errors and checks that information is complete. You will be a proactive problem solver who can trouble-shoot/using your own initiative. You will be confident at developing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships across the business as well as enjoying sharing experiences, information and knowledge to aid others and get them up to speed. The ideal candidate will be consistently customer focused with an urgency to respond to customer requests and always looking to exceed expectations.
We live by our values they are deeply ingrained in our company culture. We want to help you grow throughout your career, so we have plenty of development opportunities for you including work-shadowing, study-support, variety of courses and a bespoke online learning platform.
We are proud of the benefits which we offer to our employees. These include wellbeing activities throughout the year, flexible working, enhanced maternity leave, a generous annual leave entitlement and corporate discounts including gym membership & a cycle to work scheme.
We also have a number of perks including home working, regular live music events including virtual events, roof terraces on both sites, subsidised cafes, and a relaxed dress code.
Sound like you?
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you – apply now and send your CV & Covering Letter to email@example.com.
(PRS For Music is continuing to follow the Government recommendation in light of COVID -19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff, members and candidates.
Our focus is to provide our members with the best service and support, and therefore we remain focused on our resourcing strategy and continue to encourage applications for advertised roles. We have now transitioned our staff to work from home and have adopted a remote interviewing, onboarding and training process.
We are committed to only recruit for vacancies that are essential to the livelihood and continued service to our members.)