Relationship Manager Black Music
Location: The role will start remotely with the opportunity to work between our offices in London Bridge, Streatham and remotely as we move to a hybrid model of working.
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Closing date: Sunday 30 January 2022
About the role
We are looking for a Relationship Manager to act as the key membership point of contact for high profile black music writer and publisher members whilst representing PRS for Music at all key black music events. You will own and develop a number of initiatives to improve the quality of service and increase the value of distributions to PRS’s black music membership.
The primary activities for the role will be to:
- Account manage black music publisher and writer accounts
- Instigate the formation and continued management of a bi-annual Black Music Group, ensuring attendance from the key stakeholders across the industry and manage all PRS related actions which arise out of the meetings
- Represent PRS at any relevant industry meetings, appearing on any relevant panels or events
- Create and implement an acquisition and retention strategy for high earning and emerging black music writer and publisher members
- Deliver high visibility as a black music ambassador to all areas of the industry so that the role holder becomes synonymous with PRS for Music and black music in the minds of relevant stakeholders
- Provide a single point of contact internally and externally for member issues and provide training where necessary on all areas relating to black music
- Deliver a tailored account management programme and identify training / knowledge development requirements for key members
- Resolve escalated service requests effectively whilst taking remedial actions to ensure issues do not reoccur
- Arrange and attend member representative meetings to provide support around PRS for Music processes and policies
- Arrange and attend third party events and member meetings as required
The successful candidate will have significant experience in PRS for Music business or related industry experience alongside a strong profile and network within the black music community. You will have proven account management experience in a fast-moving environment and a track record working with key accounts and managing expectations of stakeholders at all levels. You will be a confident presenter with exceptional presentation skills.
PRS for Music has been at the heart of the music business since 1914, representing our membership of 160,000 songwriters, composers, and publishers. We pay royalties to our members when their musical works are performed, broadcast, streamed, or used in film and TV. We also work on impacting the music industry through collaborations, digital developments, influencing legislation and supporting new musical talent for the future.
We have worked hard at PRS for Music to create a culture where each colleague can bring their true selves to work and thrive.
We want you to have the work/life balance you need, so our flexible working approach covers both location and hours. You can work with your manager to find the hours that work best for you, as long as you are available for meetings when needed. We even provide the opportunity twice a year to work remotely, for up to a month at a time, in the UK or abroad.
We love music and host events so we can socialise as a team and share our passion. From our legendary Christmas Gig and PRS Presents to quizzes, drag queen bingo, comedy nights and team socials. Wellbeing is high on our agenda with a full programme of events, webinars, and initiatives, plus a team of Mental Health First Aiders to ensure we are happy, healthy and engaged.
Sound like you?
If so, we would love to hear from you – apply now and send your CV & Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covid-19 Recruitment Statement
PRS For Music is continuing to follow the Government recommendation in light of COVID -19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff, members and candidates.
Our focus is to provide our members with the best service and support, and therefore we remain focused on our resourcing strategy and continue to encourage applications for advertised roles.
We are transitioning back to a hybrid model of working across the organisation including in our recruitment process. Whilst our first stage interviews will take place remotely, we want you to experience the culture and working environment at PRS for Music.
Therefore, once opened, our new Central London Hub, based in London Bridge will be used for second stage interviews.
We are committed to only recruit for vacancies that are essential to the livelihood and continued service to our members.
Please note: That due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to give feedback to all candidates at shortlisting stage. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Many Thanks – The HR Team