Project Manager 6 month FTC
Location: The role will be based across our office in London Bridge and remotely as we operate a hybrid model of working.
Term: 6 month fixed term contract
About the role
Managing and co-ordinating of projects, typically related to tech applications/solutions, tech infrastructure or business change projects to meet identified business needs and objectives on time to budget with appropriate reporting, management and resource deployment (In line with PRS for music Programme and Projects framework).
Responsible for acquiring, where necessary, and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescale and quality.
- Responsibility for project delivery including definition, documentation and safe execution
- Directing and coaching project team members and advising customers/users as necessary on all phases
- Prepares and maintains realistic project, quality, and risk plans
- Liaises with project boards, quality review meetings, Programme Managers and other Delivery Managers
- Coordinate and manage project delivery teams and material resources, including 3rd parties, associated costs and all capital costs against the project budget
- Ensures and manages change control procedures
- Ensures that the appropriate project management tools, techniques, standards and processes being used by the project are up to date and compliant
- Formally closes projects with lessons learned
- Plans for the post-project transition business change and any application support with effective handover of finished projects to ensure outputs and benefits are properly supported
- Evaluates and makes recommendations/ decisions on business and technical options as appropriate
- Work with the relevant stakeholders and wider business to develop requirements into project deliverables
- Create and maintain communication plans
- Appropriate engagement with multiple internal and external stakeholders of varying levels, including C-suite. Centre of Excellence
- Embed and provide efficient improvements to the Project and Change management framework
Experience & Person Profile:
- Running technology applications/solutions and/or technical infrastructure projects from initiation to successful completion demonstrating project management and leadership skills
- Management of application development and infrastructure projects
- Using structured project management methodologies and tools, e.g. MS Project
- Working with/Directing mix of in-house and third-party suppliers as well and in-house development and infrastructure teams
- Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Support and IT- Change Management
- Dealing with customers/users and establishing long term client relationships demonstrating the use of excellent inter-personal skills
- Working within a programme and project environment with a matrix management style of working ·
- Supporting business and IT transition through operational readiness and benefit realisation Project/Programme management qualification, such as PRINCE2, Agile Project Management, MSP (Managing Successful Programmes) and PMP (Project Management Professional) are desirable
- ITIL or IT Service delivery qualification is desirable
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Able to influence and promote change at project boards and varying levels of management
- Knowledge of Planning tools, estimating techniques and cost/budget tracking · Ability to learn from past projects
- Appreciation of current and new technologies and ability to discuss and explain to stakeholders with limited technical knowledge
- Subject matter expertise of a particular software and systems and/or a particular or number of PRS business areas
PRS for Music has been at the heart of the music business since 1914, representing our membership of 160,000 songwriters, composers, and publishers. We pay royalties to our members when their musical works are performed, broadcast, streamed, or used in film and TV. We also work on impacting the music industry through collaborations, digital developments, influencing legislation and supporting new musical talent for the future.
We have worked hard at PRS for Music to create a culture where each colleague can bring their true selves to work and thrive.
We want you to have the work/life balance you need, so our flexible working approach covers both location and hours. You can work with your manager to find the hours that work best for you, as long as you are available for meetings when needed. We even provide the opportunity twice a year to work remotely, for up to a month at a time, in the UK or abroad.
We love music and host events so we can socialise as a team and share our passion. From our legendary Christmas Gig to quizzes, drag queen bingo, comedy nights and team socials. Wellbeing is high on our agenda with a full programme of events, webinars, and initiatives, plus a team of Mental Health First Aiders to ensure we are happy, healthy and engaged.
Sound like you?
If so, we would love to hear from you – apply now and send your CV & Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.