Personal Assistant Commercial Partnerships
Location: Central London with some remote working
Closing date: Monday 30 September 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for a Personal Assistant join us on a permanent contract. The role will start working remotely with the opportunity to continue with some remote working once we return to our Hub at London Bridge.
About the role
The primary activities for the role will be to provide PA support to the Director, including diary management, email correspondence, creating presentations, preparing paperwork for meetings, general administration work and some travel management.
Other duties will include, but limited to:
- Provide administrative support to Commercial Advisory Group, Licensing Committee, ICE Core Sub-Committee meetings and their ad-hoc sub-group sessions (including pre-meets and agenda-setting meetings).
- Collate and communicate papers for the meetings, ensuring PRS Management contributions are timely and in accordance with the expected style.
- Take minutes and actions for the meetings, maintaining and updating action trackers in collaboration with PRS Management attendees.
- Support the periodic review and refresh of committee Terms of Reference including administering changes to the personnel attending as required.
- Manage the diaries of the Chief Commercial Officer and Director of Strategic Partnerships to ensure that meetings and appointments are scheduled according to priorities and that effective use is made of the time available.
- Organise travel and accommodation for the Chief Commercial Officer and Director of Strategic Partnerships, and arrange travel itineraries.
- Provide office management support and act as the main point of contact for the Commercial division for incoming communications, post, liaison with IT and Facilities, etc.
- Undertake specific projects/assignments involving internal and external liaison, as directed.
The successful candidate will have/be:
Thinks strategically, acts commercially
- Seeks to understand our mission, vision and strategy, and how to contribute to meet future challenges
- Recognises the relationship between own work and the objectives of the team and wider business
- Searches out more efficient and effective ways to operate without compromising service
- Understands the challenges our business faces and develops a commercial focus
Makes considered decisions
- Critically evaluates information to identify potential errors and checks that information is complete
- Prioritises workload, recognising the short and long term implications of own actions on the business
- Uses initiative, does not wait to be told or directed
- Develops and maintains mutually beneficial relationships across the business
- Promotes greater collaboration within own area, being proactive in offering support where it can add value
- Seeks feedback from manager, peers and customers to improve the way they work
- Shares own knowledge and expertise with others, seeing the benefits of collaboration
- Identifies more efficient ways of working that are straightforward and consistent
- Understands the business and communicates clearly with stakeholders what they can and cannot do for them
- Takes responsibility for understanding complex business issues by asking questions to gain clarity
- Knows how their individual objectives contribute to our vision, mission and strategy and how they impact on other business areas
- Strong administrative and PA skills
- Experience of dealing with material of a highly confidential nature
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Accuracy at all levels of work with good attention to detail
- Flexible and confident approach
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to cope under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with people at all levels
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Previous experience of and ability to work in a high volume role.
We have worked hard at PRS for Music to create a culture where each colleague can bring their true selves to work and thrive.
We want you to have the work/life balance you need, so our flexible working approach covers both location and hours. You can work with your manager to find the hours that work best for you, as long as you are available for meetings when needed. We even provide the opportunity twice a year to work remotely, for up to a month at a time, in the UK or abroad.
We love music and host events so we can socialise as a team and share our passion. From our legendary Christmas Gig and PRS Presents to quizzes, drag queen bingo, comedy nights and team socials. Wellbeing is high on our agenda with a full programme of events, webinars, and initiatives, plus a team of Mental Health First Aiders to ensure we are happy, healthy and engaged.
Sound like you?
If so, we would love to hear from you – apply now and send your CV & Covering Letter to email@example.com.
Covid-19 Recruitment Statement
PRS For Music is continuing to follow the Government recommendation in light of COVID -19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff, members and candidates.
Our focus is to provide our members with the best service and support, and therefore we remain focused on our resourcing strategy and continue to encourage applications for advertised roles.
We are transitioning back to a hybrid model of working across the organisation including in our recruitment process. Whilst our first stage interviews will take place remotely, we want you to experience the culture and working environment at PRS for Music.
Therefore, once opened, our new Central London Hub, based in London Bridge will be used for second stage interviews.
We are committed to only recruit for vacancies that are essential to the livelihood and continued service to our members.
Please note: That due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to give feedback to all candidates at shortlisting stage. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Many Thanks – The HR Team