Fundraiser PRS Members Fund
Location: Based in Kings Cross, the role will start with working remotely with the opportunity to continue with some remote-working once we return to the office
Salary: £27,000 - £35,000
Term: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: Sunday 10 January 2021
About the Role
Following an extraordinary period for our charity and the music industry, the PRS Members’ Fund is seeking a multi-disciplinary fundraising specialist, who can offer legacy marketing and communications experience. Bringing their considerable expertise and flexibility to the small and committed Fund team, this vital role will oversee development and execution of our fundraising goals to support the Fund in its work which is to help songwriter and composer members of PRS for Music and their families.
The Fundraiser will achieve this by:
- Devising a new fundraising strategy to maximise donor support.
- Using a range of marketing techniques and communications to grow and develop our supporter base and to recruit and retain donors.
- Ensuring communications are GDPR compliant and follow Fundraising Regulator and Charity Commission best practice as well as HMRC legislation.
- Developing the charity’s fundraising appeals and other sources of income that raise funds for our charitable activities.
- Coordinating activities that are allied to fundraising including website, media, and marketing of the charity to ensure effective promotion of the “PRS” brand and key communications.
- Planning, delivering, and supporting fundraising events.
- Coordinating and analysing industry research and sector trends to maximise the charity’s reach and to monitor successful outcomes.
- Maintaining and developing the CRM database of donors and supporters and produce accurate statistical data relating to donor and legacy groups.
- Contributing to the Fund’s wider purposes.
We are looking for a highly motivated, proactive individual with a positive can-do attitude who can manage a challenging workload whilst exceeding personal and team targets across a broad fundraising programme. You will have experience of managing individual donor relationships and writing successful funding applications to trusts, foundations and businesses and be an expert in giving and gifts in Wills. You will be highly proficient in identifying and creating fundraising content and have knowledge of fundraising regulations and GDPR.
You are an exceptional communicator with proven technical ability across all channels including digital who enjoys developing new and engaging supporter communications. Utilising your excellent stakeholder engagement skills, you will be able to build positive relationships through a persuasive and diplomatic approach while being at ease with senior stakeholders in a business environment.
Ideally you will have previous fundraising experience within an occupational benevolent fund and have a professional fundraising or marketing qualification.
We live by our values they are deeply ingrained in our company culture. We want to help you grow throughout your career, so we have plenty of development opportunities for you including work-shadowing, study-support, variety of courses and a bespoke online learning platform.
We are proud of the benefits which we offer to our employees. These include wellbeing activities throughout the year, flexible working, enhanced maternity leave, a generous annual leave entitlement and corporate discounts including gym membership & a cycle to work scheme.
We also have a number of perks including home working, regular live music events including virtual events, roof terraces on both sites, subsidised cafes, and a relaxed dress code.
Sound like you?
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you – apply now and send your CV & Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(PRS For Music is continuing to follow the Government recommendation in light of COVID -19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff, members and candidates.
Our focus is to provide our members with the best service and support, and therefore we remain focused on our resourcing strategy and continue to encourage applications for advertised roles. We have now transitioned our staff to work from home and have adopted a remote interviewing, onboarding and training process.
We are committed to only recruit for vacancies that are essential to the livelihood and continued service to our members.)