Financial Operations Analyst (Distribution Control Coordinator)
Location: The role will be based across our office in London Bridge and remotely as we operate a hybrid model of working
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Closing Date: 12 August 2022
Due to continued business growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Operations Analyst (known internally as Distribution Control Coordinator) on a permanent basis. This role is a hybrid role and will work on average 1-2 days from our London Bridge Office and 3 days remotely.
About the Role:
The Financial Operations Analyst has a specific focus on activities supporting the overall distribution control and approvals process. You will handle checks and compliance on all areas of distribution operations and accounts, ensuring accuracy and detection of potential issues and be accountable for ensuring all approvals and supporting work meets strictly defined deadlines. You are responsible for completion of pre and post distribution control, approval, and preparation activities to facilitate the end-to-end process across scheduling to payments including maintenance of schedules, journals, manual spreadsheets/calculations and systems.
Duties will include, but limited to:
- Ensure all control and approval activity is applied consistently and fully recorded in accordance with the dictated structure
- Reconciliation of distribution accounts; identifying issues and preparing journals to correct balances
- Support the manager in ensuring the team act as a central financial control point
- Contribute and collaborate with Assurance team to build realistic and achievable end-to-end distribution approval plans
- Track and forecast personal progression against distribution plan and provide updates on work items to manager.
- Uses Root Cause Analysis to drive improvements to reduce error/query re-occurrence
- Maintenance of data within various financial and distribution systems such as D&M, CODA, REP etc
- Completion of pre and post distribution approval and control processes to facilitate distributions that are timely, accurate and as complete as possible
- Ensure all sign offs and controls are fully completed in time for control sign off and distribution aligned to forecast
- Preparation of all control and approval aspects of advance and supplementary payment packs.
- Maintain accounts, spreadsheets, codes and associated revenue values
- Work with other teams and departments to review and optimise processes to increase operational efficiency and alignment to policy
PRS for Music has been at the heart of the music business since 1914, representing our membership of 160,000 songwriters, composers, and publishers. We pay royalties to our members when their musical works are performed, broadcast, streamed, or used in film and TV. We also work on impacting the music industry through collaborations, digital developments, influencing legislation and supporting new musical talent for the future.
We have worked hard at PRS for Music to create a culture where each colleague can bring their true selves to work and thrive.
We want you to have the work/life balance you need, so our flexible working approach covers both location and hours. You can work with your manager to find the hours that work best for you, as long as you are available for meetings when needed. We even provide the opportunity twice a year to work remotely, for up to a month at a time, in the UK or abroad.
We love music and host events so we can socialise as a team and share our passion. From our legendary Christmas Gig and PRS Presents to quizzes, drag queen bingo, comedy nights and team socials. Wellbeing is high on our agenda with a full programme of events, webinars, and initiatives, plus a team of Mental Health First Aiders to ensure we are happy, healthy and engaged.
Sound like you?
If so, we would love to hear from you – apply now and send your CV & Covering Letter to email@example.com.