Finance Business Partner
Location: Based in Kings Cross, the role will start with working remotely with the opportunity to continue with some remote-working once we return to the office
Salary: £42,000 - £50,000
Closing date: Sunday 28 February 2021
About The role
We are looking for a Finance Business Partner to work in partnership with the business to take responsibility for the development, management and coordination of the business units budget/forecasts, financial reports and strategic programme business cases.
Including (but not limited to):
- Providing full financial business support to several business units (currently the International, Membership and Production & Sales departments).
- Enabling better decision making through proactive, insightful and action-oriented management information, trend analysis and commentary.
- Delivering continuous improvement to financial analysis, business partnering and stakeholder management to ensure effectiveness.
- Identifying, facilitating, and driving performance improvements.
- Assuring that major programme benefits linked to business units are delivered.
Business Partnering and Business Support:
- Take the lead in supporting Heads of and Directors to produce robust annual budget and twice-yearly forecasts for their business areas, including executive summary reporting.
- Provide accurate financial information to the business units and present finance updates at monthly departmental meetings.
- Write commentary for monthly management information sent to the CFO, Executive Leadership Team and Board.
- Liaise with key business stakeholders to support the preparation of other financial updates, including quarterly Management KPIs and annual external press release and AGM materials.
- Understand and communicate the drivers of performance variances and their implications to Heads of and Directors.
- Take a proactive approach to ensuring effective cost management.
- Work with Strategy to understand market trends and developments to support strategy development via the 5-year plan.
- Identify potential risks and opportunities to the business units through insightful and action-oriented management information, trend analysis and commentary.
- Influence key decision makers, and drive key projects, using insight and analysis to make financial based recommendations.
- Provide insightful analysis and modelling to support the business unit’s strategic objectives.
Processes and controls:
- Work closely with the Financial Accounting team to ensure financial controls are implemented across the business unit.
- Work closely with other Finance teams, and the wider business, to continually improve end to end financial processes and development of related systems.
- Support process improvement projects within the team to add greater value to analytical, planning and reporting processes.
Programme Finance Support:
- Provide full financial business support to strategic change initiative and its constituent projects.
- Enable better decision making through insightful and action-oriented management information, trend analysis and commentary.
- Advise on financial performance and corrective management action.
- Prepare and update the business cases for each of the constituent projects within the Programme.
You will have a professional Finance qualification with experience in a finance related role, acting as the key point of contact for senior business stakeholders.
Other experience must include:
- Strategic awareness and business understanding.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills to facilitate better decision making.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent data gathering, reporting and analysis skills.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Advanced word skills.
Understanding of rights and issues and drivers surrounding rights, global political and economic situations and cultural relations, marketing and communications, society network, business models and motivations is desirable.
We live by our values they are deeply ingrained in our company culture. We want to help you grow throughout your career, so we have plenty of development opportunities for you including work-shadowing, study-support, variety of courses and a bespoke online learning platform.
We are proud of the benefits which we offer to our employees. These include wellbeing activities throughout the year, flexible working, enhanced maternity leave, a generous annual leave entitlement and corporate discounts including gym membership & a cycle to work scheme.
We also have a number of perks including home working, regular live music events including virtual events, roof terraces on both sites, subsidised cafes, and a relaxed dress code.
Sound like you?
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you – apply now and send your CV & Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(PRS For Music is continuing to follow the Government recommendation in light of COVID -19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff, members and candidates.
Our focus is to provide our members with the best service and support, and therefore we remain focused on our resourcing strategy and continue to encourage applications for advertised roles. We have now transitioned our staff to work from home and have adopted a remote interviewing, onboarding and training process.
We are committed to only recruit for vacancies that are essential to the livelihood and continued service to our members.)