DevOps Platform Engineer
Location: Based in Streatham, the role will start with working remotely with the opportunity to continue with some remote-working once we return to the office
Salary: circa £70,000 per annum
Closing date: Sunday 27 September 2020
About The Role
Our vision is to evolve from building Digital Services to improving clients Digital Experience and ultimately resulting in a Digital enabled Business.
As a team of Product Owners, Engineers, the Digital Innovation & Experimentation Team will align with the PRS and CIO strategy by bringing Development and CI capabilities in-house in order to enable Agile Product Development.
They will be responsible for Agile, DevOps, and CI / CD best practices, embedding DevOps behaviours, principles and best practice driving a model of continuous delivery for digital solutions.
The DevOps Platforms Engineer will be responsible for testing & bringing new technologies to enable faster experimentation.
You will achieve this by:
- Migrating existing pipelines from TeamCity & Octopus to Azure DevOps
- Evaluating new technology options and vendor products
- Taking on full projects through to completion
- Facilitating discussions, decision making and conflict resolution processes
- Evaluating implementations, and provide feedback for tool improvements
- Proposing cloud-related optimizations and best practices to improve reliability, performance and cost
- Working with colleagues in order to drive the development of new digital solutions to solve customer challenges
- Working with cross-functional teams in an adolescent agile development model
- Working with QA’s to create tools to automate repetitive tasks
- Keeping lines of communication open with all Product Owner and cross department stakeholders to understand changing requirements
- Influencing stakeholders from a technical standpoint across the function and business
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all dependencies and impediments are understood
The Innovation & Experimentation teams’ vision may also lead to responsibility for developing prototypes for new products and services to improve the customer experience and to pilot test digital solutions with customers and iterate rapidly based on outcomes and feedback
The successful candidate will have strong experience working in a DevOps capacity, including hands on experience of TeamCity, Octopus and Azure DevOps using Git and Gitflow. You will also have strong experience working with Azure Cloud technologies and creating linked ARM templates, strong scripting (e.g. PowerShell) and automation skills and experience with system monitoring tools such as Azure Application Insights.
You will be experienced with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing and strong DevOps culture experience and you are passionate in improving the user experience, have an ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines, and is comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment.
Ideally you would have a bachelor’s and / or master’s degree in STEM subject with demonstrable experience in two or more of the following: machine learning, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics or a related technical field.
PRS for Music is a forward thinking music copyright company with a focus on being the number one rights management company in the world.
We live by our values and they are deeply ingrained in our company culture. We want to help you grow throughout your career so we have plenty of development opportunities for you.
We run a number of wellbeing activities throughout the year, and encourage flexible working and a relaxed dress code.
We also have a number of perks including roof terrace’s on both sites, regular live music events, subsidised cafes, corporate discounts including gym membership.
Sound like you?
We’d love to hear from you – send your CV and why you think you’re a great match for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting an application you acknowledge that you have read our Employment Applicant Privacy Notice.