Location: Based at our Central London Hub (London Bridge), the role will start with working remotely with the opportunity to continue with some remote-working once we return to the office
Salary: circa £30,000 to £35,000
Closing date: Wednesday 11 August 2021
About the Role
This role will focus on supporting the Manager of the Office of the CEO in the co-ordination of administrative tasks and office management, including the smooth organisation and running of all aspects of key Member-related Committees, Advisory Groups and meetings. To additionally provide broad administrative support when needed to the President of PRS (Performing Rights Society)’s Members Council and Director of Membership.
Main responsibilities will vary over time and include:
- Compile in conjunction with the Corporate Calendar and keep updated the annual cycles of meeting planning for all key Member related Committees & Advisory Groups, including Distribution Committee, Publisher Operational Group, Production Music Advisory Group, Dance Music Group, Media Music Group, Major Writer Representatives Group including additional subgroups and calls for nomination/election processes.
- Manage the time critical production of and be responsible for the cycle of pre-and post-meetings documentation for the key member related Committees & Advisory Groups including collating of Agendas, Papers, Action Tracking and any other documentation, ensuring all content checks if required with legal and internal management approvals, external bodies and Chairs have occurred before pre- and post-meeting documentation circulation. Attending Committees, Advisory Groups and meetings, taking comprehensive, often highly confidential Minutes and circulating within required timeframes for all.
- Process the procedures for Committee, Sub-Committee & Advisory Group administrators as per the documentation supplied by Secretariat for each of the Committees – including related onboarding of newly elected members, maintaining attendance records, and liaising with Payroll on attendance matters, being the first point of contact and dealing with members of the committees and groups queries, requirements and all associated issues.
- Organise meetings internal and external and associated documentation on behalf of the President of the Members Council and Director of Membership (including Board meeting document preparation and admin support, distribution of agendas, preparation of meeting packs, note/minute taking and distribution of notes/minutes).
- Manage contact databases and soft and hard copy filing and document management systems to maintain up-to-date, accessible, secure and comprehensive records for Member related Committees and meetings.
Other duties will include:
- Support the Manager of the Office of the CEO with diary management at President/Director level to ensure that meetings and appointments are scheduled according to priorities and that effective use is made of the time available.
- Organise and book travel and accommodation and arrange travel itineraries for President of Members Council and Director of Membership in line with the PRS for Music Ltd Travel and Expenses policy.
- Deal with expenses claims on behalf of President of the Members Council and Director of Membership.
- Undertake specific projects/assignments involving internal and external research and liaison, as directed.
The successful candidate must have;
- Strong administrative skills.
- Proven experience of undertaking Committee minute-writing and meeting scheduling.
- Experience of dealing with material of a highly confidential nature.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Accuracy at all levels of work with good attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft 8.1, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat and a good knowledge of Excel.
The successful candidate must be;
- Flexible and confident.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to cope under pressure.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Able to deal with people at all levels and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and disciplined.
- Able to work in a high-volume role.
- An awareness of the music industry and/or PRS as a membership organisation.
- An understand of the ethos of PRS and our mission.
We live by our values they are deeply ingrained in our company culture. We want to help you grow throughout your career, so we have plenty of development opportunities for you including work-shadowing, study-support, variety of courses and a bespoke online learning platform.
We are proud of the benefits which we offer to our employees. These include wellbeing activities throughout the year, flexible working, enhanced maternity leave, a generous annual leave entitlement and corporate discounts including gym membership & a cycle to work scheme.
We also have a number of perks including home working, regular live music events including virtual events, and a relaxed dress code.
Sound like you?
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you – apply now and send your CV & Covering Letter to email@example.com.
(PRS For Music is continuing to follow the Government recommendation in light of COVID -19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff, members and candidates.
Our focus is to provide our members with the best service and support, and therefore we remain focused on our resourcing strategy and continue to encourage applications for advertised roles. We have now transitioned our staff to work from home and have adopted a remote interviewing, onboarding and training process.
We are committed to only recruit for vacancies that are essential to the livelihood and continued service to our members.)