Commercial Development Manager
Location: Based across our Central London (Hub) and Streatham office
Closing date: Monday 20 November 2021
About the role
The primary activities for the role will be:
To develop, negotiate and implement simplified tariffs and licensing schemes used by the PRS Commercial teams and strategic partners who license the use of PRS and MCPS’ repertoire.
Other duties will include, but limited to:
Support the delivery of Commercial Development strategies to sustainably increase PRS for Music member income through:
- Development of new products and services, renegotiation of existing price structures with key markets (e.g. broadcast, digital and live events), trade bodies and customers and addressing competitive threats from new market entrants and disrupting events.
- Lead the commercial development of assigned standard licensing schemes and tariffs and licensing schemes through negotiation with key stakeholders, trade bodies, identifying and delivering on any opportunities to increase member value through pricing improvements.
- Formulate public consultation papers and the respective response summary (when applicable) for each tariff or licensing scheme including liaison with key stakeholders, MCPS, PPL PRS, PRS marketing, PRS legal etc.
- Manage the implementation of approved tariffs and licensing schemes within PRS or at PPL PRS by providing all required materials (including, tariff/scheme copy, guide notes, marketing materials, training collateral etc.) and conducting a 3, 6 and 12 month checks to assure anticipated financial benefits of the new licence tariff/scheme have been, and will continue to be, delivered.
- Deliver high quality market and industry analysis and support development of the underlying analytical frameworks for the ongoing review and development of PRS tariffs and licensing schemes.
- Support timely resolutions to customer queries escalated by customer facing staff relating to interpretation and application of current PRS tariffs, schemes and licensing policies.
- Responsible for the formulation of Board and Committee papers for all developments requiring formal approval.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders including internal staff, Member Committees, Advisory boards, Boards, customers and representative organisations.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Degree level qualification or relevant professional experience
- Experience of conducting economic analysis
- High level of commercial awareness incorporating financial and legal concerns
- Proven experience in dealing with customers and establishing long term client relationships
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- High level of attention to detail within a multiple task programme
- Tenacious approach, with proven success in problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
PRS for Music has been at the heart of the music business since 1914, representing our membership of 155,000 songwriters, composers, and publishers. We pay royalties to our members when their musical works are performed, broadcast, streamed, or used in film and TV. We also work on impacting the music industry through collaborations, digital developments, influencing legislation and supporting new musical talent for the future.
We have worked hard at PRS for Music to create a culture where each colleague can bring their true selves to work and thrive.
We want you to have the work/life balance you need, so our flexible working approach covers both location and hours. You can work with your manager to find the hours that work best for you, as long as you are available for meetings when needed. We even provide the opportunity twice a year to work remotely, for up to a month at a time, in the UK or abroad.
We love music and host events so we can socialise as a team and share our passion. From our legendary Christmas Gig and PRS Presents to quizzes, drag queen bingo, comedy nights and team socials. Wellbeing is high on our agenda with a full programme of events, webinars, and initiatives, plus a team of Mental Health First Aiders to ensure we are happy, healthy and engaged.
Sound like you?
If so, we would love to hear from you – apply now and send your CV & Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covid-19 Recruitment Statement
PRS For Music is continuing to follow the Government recommendation in light of COVID -19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff, members and candidates.
Our focus is to provide our members with the best service and support, and therefore we remain focused on our resourcing strategy and continue to encourage applications for advertised roles.
We are transitioning back to a hybrid model of working across the organisation including in our recruitment process. Whilst our first stage interviews will take place remotely, we want you to experience the culture and working environment at PRS for Music.
Therefore, once opened, our new Central London Hub, based in London Bridge will be used for second stage interviews.
We are committed to only recruit for vacancies that are essential to the livelihood and continued service to our members.
Please note: That due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to give feedback to all candidates at shortlisting stage. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Many Thanks – The HR Team