Collections Team Leader
Location: The role will be based across our two sites in London with some remote working once we have fully returned to the office
Salary: Max of £40,000 per annum
Closing date: Wednesday 23 September 2020
About The Role
We have an amazing opportunity for a Collections Team Leader to provide debt collection services covering all aspects of PRS for Music’s business. We can summarise the main responsibilities in 6 main categories:
- Manage and lead a team of 4, to include but not inclusive, personal development, performance setting, managing of KPIs, SLAs, sickness, and holiday management.
- Working with Billing Team Leader and Manager within the wider Billing & Collections team to ensure team KPIs/SLA are delivered.
- Reviewing and signing off on teams’ outputs
- To work closely with teams across all areas within PRSfM and companies to which PRSfM provide services under SLA to ensure prompt collection of debt in both sterling and multi-currency. To be achieved against set deadlines and KPIs in accordance with contract/agreement/SLA.
- The completion of month end debt reporting across all areas of debt recovery.
- Lead monthly debt meeting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Authorisation and or preparation of journals.
- Reconcile both customer and control accounts.
- Oversee and assist in the monitoring of customer accounts for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Investigate and resolve internal and external customer queries to the highest level.
- Reconcile accounts and produce statements.
- Complete month end processes and reports in a timely and accurate manner, investigating any queries by liaising with other departments/teams where necessary.
- Develop and produce internal documentation around all processes within the team, to ensure continuous improvement.
- Supporting process improvement projects within team to add greater value to Finance processes.
The successful candidate will have strong experience in a similar collections/receivable’s role with knowledge of insolvency, administration, and liquidation practise. You are a confident people manager with strong experience in managing and motivating a team. You will have excellent stakeholder management skills and be able to communicate effectively at all levels with the ability to stay calm under pressure. You will also have strong negotiation skills. Analytical skills using Excel and being computer literate (MS Office, Word and PowerPoint) is also essential in this role.
The ideal candidate would have experience of leading or being part of a target driven Commercial Credit team. It would also be advantageous if you had experience with rights management or copyright. Ideally you will also have experience with CODA or Salesforce and a basic understanding of withholding tax rules.
PRS for Music is a forward thinking music copyright company with a focus on being the number one rights management company in the world.
We live by our values and they are deeply ingrained in our company culture. We want to help you grow throughout your career so we have plenty of development opportunities for you.
We run a number of wellbeing activities throughout the year, and encourage flexible working and a relaxed dress code.
We also have a number of perks including roof terrace’s on both sites, regular live music events, subsidised cafes, corporate discounts including gym membership.
Sound like you?
We’d love to hear from you – send your CV and why you think you’re a great match for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting an application you acknowledge that you have read our Employment Applicant Privacy Notice.