Business Systems Analyst - Application Development
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 per annum
Closing Date: Sunday 24 July 2022
We are looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join our Application Development team working remotely and from our London Bridge Hub as we operate a hybrid model of working.
About the Role
The Business Systems Analyst will work on some of our major transformation initiatives, with a range of stakeholders. This role is focussed on bridging the gap between our business requirements and technical solutions. The main responsibilities will be to analyse, document and propose solutions for business areas and to prepare functional specifications whilst ensuring the delivery of solution(s) in line with the business success criteria.
To achieve this, you will:
- Collect, understand, and effectively communicate the business requirements for a project(s), and work with the test team to translate these into functional specifications and detailed test plans.
- Document workflows and results of business analysis.
- Provide the link between the customer, development team and any third-party regarding business requirements and software functionality, throughout the development lifecycle.
- Design and execute the User acceptance test scenarios and User acceptance test scripts.
- Have the day-to-day management of change requests in relation to the project plans to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
- Run weekly reports to be produced for the relevant Manager(s) showing progress against outstanding milestones, status, resource requirements, issues, risks and dependencies.
The salary for this role is circa £50,000 to £55,000 per annum, depending on experience.
You are a result orientated person with good communication, influencing and interpersonal skills. You are able to work autonomously to manage your own workload and as part of a team, collaboratively to support your co-workers to meet deadlines and key milestones.
The successful candidate has:
- Evidence of analysing and documenting complex business processes.
- Experience of writing requirements specifications for Information Systems.
- Experience with bespoke processing systems, specifically large datasets.
- In depth understanding of the principles, methods, techniques and tools of change process management and their relationship to project management and business improvement.
- Good understanding of systems and ability to assimilate and interpret advice from technical specialists.
- A sound understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Any project management/Prince 2 or equivalent experience would be desirable but not essential.
PRS for Music has been at the heart of the music business since 1914, representing our membership of 160,000 songwriters, composers, and publishers. We pay royalties to our members when their musical works are performed, broadcast, streamed, or used in film and TV. We also work on impacting the music industry through collaborations, digital developments, influencing legislation and supporting new musical talent for the future.
We have worked hard at PRS for Music to create a culture where each colleague can bring their true selves to work and thrive.
We want you to have the work/life balance you need, so our flexible working approach covers both location and hours. You can work with your manager to find the hours that work best for you, as long as you are available for meetings when needed. We even provide the opportunity twice a year to work remotely, for up to a month at a time, in the UK or abroad.
We love music and host events so we can socialise as a team and share our passion. From our legendary Christmas Gig and PRS Presents to quizzes, drag queen bingo, comedy nights and team socials. Wellbeing is high on our agenda with a full programme of events, webinars, and initiatives, plus a team of Mental Health First Aiders to ensure we are happy, healthy and engaged.