Billing & Collections Assistant
Location: Based at our Streatham office 2-3 days per week for induction and training purposes with the view to work between our offices in London Bridge, Streatham and remotely.
Salary: Circa £26,000 per annum
Closing date: Sunday 21 September 2021
PRS for Music has been at the heart of the music business since 1914, representing our membership of 150,000 songwriters, composers, and publishers. We pay royalties to our members when their musical works are performed, broadcast, streamed, or used in film and TV. We also work on impacting the music industry through collaborations, digital developments, influencing legislation and supporting new musical talent for the future.
About The Role
We have a brilliant opportunity for an organised and accurate Billing & Collections Assistant to join our great team. You will provide billings and collection support, including but not exclusively posting, allocation, matching of receipt to sales ledgers.
The role will also include but not limited to:
- On a daily basis, working closely with the treasury teams, covering all allocated areas within PRSfM and companies to which PRSfM provide services under SLA to ensure prompt allocation and matching of receipts to assist in wider teams KPIs in accordance with contract/agreement/SLA. This is currently in the region of 15 bank accounts in both sterling and multi-currency.
- Reconcile both customer and control accounts.
- Processing refunds as required.
- Reconciling 3rd party accounts of a monthly basis to ensure any re-charge are passed to the Billings team with a view of invoicing out
- Control, reconciling of bad debt provisions Month End:
• Complete month end processes and reports in a timely and accurate manner, investigating any queries by liaising with other departments/teams where necessary.
- Develop and produce internal documentation around all processes within the team, to ensure continuous improvement.
- Supporting process improvement projects within team to add greater value to Finance processes Ad-hoc:
• Additional work as required to support the functions of the department/business including the posting of journals, system testing etc.
The successful candidate will have proven previous experience in a similar billing/receivable role and have a customer service or account management experience. You will be organised, have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail and can work under pressure to extremely tight deadlines. You will be a proficient, daily user of Excel (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, Formulas, etc.) and have experience of using a financial system (CODA and Salesforce is extremely advantageous).
The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator with interpersonal skills who enjoys being proactive and is eager to learn. You will be flexible and can see the impact your work has on the department and wider business. Ideally you will also have PT-X and Salesforce experience.
We have worked hard at PRS for Music to create a culture where each colleague can bring their true selves to work and thrive.
We want you to have the work/life balance you need, so our flexible working approach covers both location and hours. You can work with your manager to find the hours that work best for you, as long as you are available for meetings when needed. We even provide the opportunity twice a year to work remotely, for up to a month at a time, in the UK or abroad.
We love music and host events so we can socialise as a team and share our passion. From our legendary Christmas Gig and PRS Presents to quizzes, drag queen bingo, comedy nights and team socials. Wellbeing is high on our agenda with a full programme of events, webinars, and initiatives, plus a team of Mental Health First Aiders to ensure we are happy, healthy and engaged.
Sound like you?
If so, we would love to hear from you – apply now and send your CV & Covering Letter to email@example.com.
Covid-19 Recruitment Statement
PRS For Music is continuing to follow the Government recommendation in light of COVID -19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff, members and candidates.
Our focus is to provide our members with the best service and support, and therefore we remain focused on our resourcing strategy and continue to encourage applications for advertised roles.
We are transitioning back to a hybrid model of working across the organisation including in our recruitment process. Whilst our first stage interviews will take place remotely, we want you to experience the culture and working environment at PRS for Music.
Therefore, once opened, our new Central London Hub, based in London Bridge will be used for second stage interviews.
We are committed to only recruit for vacancies that are essential to the livelihood and continued service to our members.
Please note: That due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to give feedback to all candidates at shortlisting stage. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Many Thanks – The HR Team