Back End Engineer CIO
Location: The role will be based across our office in London Bridge and remotely as we operate a hybrid model of working.
Closing Date: Monday 1 August 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Back End Engineer to join us on a permanent basis. The role will be based across our office in London Bridge and remotely as we operate a hybrid model of working.
About the Role
This is a new role working within our talented CIO team, the Back End Developer will be responsible for undertaking the development, review and release of back-end technical solutions. Supporting the estimations and design, through software development or configuration for the Continuous Improvement (CI) workstream. The role has a focus on back-end .Net C# technologies.
This role would suit an individual with at least one relevant work experience post study and is keen to develop their skills further. If you are curious, take the initiative and are proactive in solving problems, then we would love to hear from you.
- Support colleagues to produce technical designs and estimates for solutions
- Observe, diagnose, test and fix faults in software
- Write and maintain unit test software code
- Evaluate and analyse technical solution incidents, problems and requests, plus system changes assigned to their team
- Collaborate and work closely together with other development and project team members when required
- Produce written requirements and technical specification documentation
The Innovation & Experimentation teams’ vision may also lead to responsibility for:
- Develop prototypes for new products and services to improve the customer experience
- Pilot test digital solutions with customers and iterate rapidly based on outcomes and feedback
The successful candidate will have a minimum of year’s post study work experience in back-end development using .Net and C# technologies together with:
- Experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing,
- Pairing, Automated Testing and DevOps culture experience
- Proven ability to produce accurate solution focused estimates which incorporate coding and testing efforts
- Proven ability to write detailed requirements and technical specification documents
- Proven ability to code software according to published standards and company design guidelines
- Knowledge of Web, .Net Framework and related technologies.
- Experience of working in agile teams (Scrum and Kanban).
PRS for Music has been at the heart of the music business since 1914, representing our membership of 160,000 songwriters, composers, and publishers. We pay royalties to our members when their musical works are performed, broadcast, streamed, or used in film and TV. We also work on impacting the music industry through collaborations, digital developments, influencing legislation and supporting new musical talent for the future.
We have worked hard at PRS for Music to create a culture where each colleague can bring their true selves to work and thrive.
We want you to have the work/life balance you need, so our flexible working approach covers both location and hours. You can work with your manager to find the hours that work best for you, as long as you are available for meetings when needed. We even provide the opportunity twice a year to work remotely, for up to a month at a time, in the UK or abroad.
We love music and host events so we can socialise as a team and share our passion. From our legendary Christmas Gig and PRS Presents to quizzes, drag queen bingo, comedy nights and team socials. Wellbeing is high on our agenda with a full programme of events, webinars, and initiatives, plus a team of Mental Health First Aiders to ensure we are happy, healthy and engaged.
Sound like you?
If so, we would love to hear from you – apply now and send your CV & Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.