Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Proud to be an inclusive employer
At PRS for Music, we encourage diverse perspectives, views and opinions, while also creating an environment where an understanding of the importance of wellbeing and the principles of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging (EDIB) is actively practiced and celebrated.
We are working to ensure that our culture at PRS is more inclusive to amplify all voices and become a more diverse, vibrant and dynamic place to work through:
What we've done
- We have embedded an Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging policy
- Our ‘Be Seen Programme’, which is aimed at people from underrepresented backgrounds who may feel that there are barriers denying them the chance to progress in their career. We support them to build their confidence, manage nerves and enhance their personal brand
- We offer a range of reasonable adjustments to ensure that people with disabilities or health conditions are not disadvantaged at any stage of the hiring process and continue to be supported if they join us
- Tactile studded floor for visually impaired people
- Wheelchair accessible areas in kitchenettes which feature low-level microwaves
- Height adjustable desks
- Hearing loop induction system
- Accessible toilets
- Faith & Wellbeing Room in our office
- Mental Health first aiders
- Designated quiet areas to work in
Menstrual and reproductive health
We have an open and supportive culture at PRS for Music where employees can discuss their menstrual and reproductive health, and are proud to offer policies that cover these often sensitive and very personal issues, including the offer of paid leave to cover situations that involve an employee or their partner. These include:
- Provision of free sanitary products in the toilets, as well as heat pads in the Faith & Wellbeing room
- Menopause support team
- Pregnancy loss (for an employee or their partner): 10 days paid discretionary leave with no company service requirement, covering all forms of miscarriage and abortion. Taken as 2 x 1 week or 1 x 2 weeks
- Fertility treatment (for an employee or their partner): 10 days paid discretionary leave for each cycle of treatment, up to three cycles in total. Six months company service required
Our Affinity Groups
We have eight employee-led Affinity Groups at PRS which are open for all employees to join. The groups cover topics such as Mental Health, Ethnicity, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Faith & Beliefs, Gender, Disability and Social Economic.
Our Affinity Groups have been instrumental in helping shape policy at PRS, as well as spreading awareness and understanding of the celebration days pertaining to their groups through special events, external guest speakers and fireside chats.
We provide a safe space for colleagues across different departments to meet, gather and share any issues or concerns. Working closely with the EDIB team to help make the business become more consciously inclusive.