Skip navigation links
Businesses and live events
Broadcast and online
Recorded media
Production music
Customer portal

Online advertising 

Some online music uses cannot be covered by our standard blanket licences. Examples include; online advertising, background music to a webpage and music offered as an incentive to purchase goods or services.

In such cases separate mechanical and performing right licences are usually required.

In some instances the mechanical clearance may have already been granted, in which case only a performing rights licence is required. Examples include situations where music has already been approved directly with the publisher, or where a production music licence has already been obtained.

Apply for a Performing Right Online Licence (PROL)

Digital covermounts

Contact us

Contact the Online Licensing team on +44 (0)20 3741 4500 or onlinelicensing@prsformusic.com

Follow us on M Magazine Twitter Facebook Linked In YouTube
© PRS for Music