Easy access to music for your TV productions
MCPS enables producers of TV programmes access to over 10 million pieces of music.
Our new Independent Production Company blanket licence provides a simple and cost effective way for you to access all the commercial or production music that you need.
We offer a one-stop-shop: rather than seek clearance from individual copyright owners, you can now simply apply once to us.
Benefits to you:
- One-stop-shop - no need to contact individual right holders
- Value for money - full use of over 10 million pieces of music
- Get the music you want quickly - no longer have to wait to hear if a work has been cleared
- Covers use of production music - 10% introductory discount for first two years
- Ease of use - smarter reporting methods
Making it easy for you
We have two licences that have been designed specifically for independent producers and distributors of television programmes.
MCPS Independent Production Company (IPC) Licence
- enables access to music for use in TV programmes broadcast in the UK
- covers the use of :
- production music (music that is specifically written for inclusion in audio and TV productions). There is a 10% discount on production music if you apply to use it through the IPC scheme
- commercial music (all other music)
MCPS Secondary Exploitation (SE) Licence
Enables producers and distributors of UK-originating television programmes to supply programmes containing our members’ music, for all linear or on-demand usage and in-flight entertainment. (Including content sold for VOD and Mobile TV).
How to apply for an MCPS Licence
To apply for both schemes, or for full costs and further details see
You can also contact a Broadcast Licensing Consultant on 020 7306 4101