Skip navigation links
Member resources
Help Centre
News and features


The AP5 Agreement is aimed importers of products manufactured outside the EEA which are imported to the UK.

How we collect money for your music when it appears on products manufactured outside of the EEA and imported into the UK.

What does it cover?

Both the copyright in the music owned or controlled by MCPS members and the copyright in the sound recording administered by BPI members

How often should you expect to be paid?

The distribution timing for AP5 is variable due to it being pro rata income.

Do we pay you for each track used?

No, the money collected is distributed on a pro rata basis.

What do we charge a customer for the use of your music?

The pence rates are as outlined below:

7” inch singles 15p
12” inch singles/CD single 45p
Vinyl albums 75p
Cassette albums  75p
Compact Disc albums 125p

What commission rate do you pay us on the royalties collected?


Special considerations.

Boxsets require an import stamp for each product in the set.

In cases where a licence has been granted by another society and royalties paid to the UK copyright owner, special stamps are used at reduced rates. In this instance only the sound recording copyright is charged for under this scheme.


Follow us on M Magazine Twitter Facebook Linked In YouTube
© PRS for Music