Publishers - join PRS as a publisher
Music publishers can join PRS to collect royalties when works from their catalogue are performed. If you have at least 15 pieces of music in your catalogue – and the contracts to prove it – you are eligible to join PRS.
Typically, publishers also join MCPS to collect ‘mechanical rights’ royalties for works that are reproduced or copied – such as for CDs and digital downloads. You can apply to join both PRS and MCPS at the same time. Learn more about MCPS.
Before you apply to join PRS
Please have the following items ready as you complete the application form:
- Catalogue evidence - documents proving there are 15 or more pieces in your catalogue
- ID - photocopies of relevant documents confirming your identity
- Bank account details where royalties should be deposited
- A printer
- Sole traders – a photocopy of your birth certificate or passport
- Partnerships - a photocopy of the partnership agreement, plus a copy of each partner’s birth certificate or passport
- Limited companies - a photocopy of the Certificate of Incorporation as well as a copy of the Memorandum & Articles of Association
Membership fee for publishers
The admission fee for publishers to join PRS is £400.00, inclusive of VAT (cheque payable to PRS for Music).