Boutique and Major music publishing companies, pro bono work, TV and radio interviews; Government Select Committee, overseas collection societies and UK political contacts.
2011: Awarded OBE in Queen’s Birthday Honours List for Services To Music Publishing
2012: conferred with Honorary Doctorate Of Music (Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge)
Currently: CEO of Supreme Songs Limited (since 1987)
PRS (MCPS) experience:
- Chairman (2005-2010)
- Deputy Chairman (Publisher) (1995-2001)
- Publishing Director: (1993-2013)
- Chairman: MCPS Audit Services Committee (2011)
- Audit Committee Member (until 2010)
- Licensing Committee Member (until 2010)
- Membership and Copyright Committee Member (until 2010)
- Distribution Committee Member (until 2012)
- CELAS Board Member (Joint GEMA /MCPS) (until 2011)
Chairman / Trustee / Director: Small Green Shoots: helping young people gain music industry employment, Copyright Seminars.
- Music Publishers Association Limited (Director)
- Mechanical Copyright Protection Society (Director)
- Alliance Board (Director)
- BBC Breakfast: Encouraging young composers
- BBC Parliament: Appearing before Select Committee
- BBC Local radio/Radio 1 Extra: Discussing music industry matters
- Radio 4: Front Row: Discussing music industry matters
- Smile Jamaica: (TVJ Jamaica) Encouraging young composers
- BBC Radio 4/BBC News 24: The Bottom Line; Featured
- Various newspapers/radio/television: Discussing music industry matters
EMI Music Publishing Limited (formerly Feldman’s Music), Copyist, Arranger, International Professional Manager, International Manager/ E & S Music (with Simon Cowell).
Ellis was appointed Publishing Director of the Board of The Performing Right Society (PRS) in 1993 and elected Deputy Chairman (Publisher) in 1995, serving the maximum allowable tenure of six years. He was appointed PRS Chairman in 2005, again serving the maximum allowable tenure of six years. Ellis also reaches out to ethnic minorities raising awareness about the benefits of being included within the music industry firmament and will continue to make pro-active efforts to promote diversity among PRS membership and staff.
Download Ellis' Canvassing Statement
Proposed for appointment by: David Arnold, Faber Music Ltd, Tony Hatch, Helene Muddiman, Mitch Murray, Novello & Co Ltd, peermusic (UK) Ltd, Tim Rice, SATV Publishing Ltd and Sony/ATV Music Publishing (UK) Ltd.
Current and recent directorships: 78 Rpm Ltd, Beat That Music Ltd, Circle Music Ltd, Creative Translator Ltd, Da Vinci Music Ltd, Direct Supermarketing
Ltd, Ellis Rich Music Ltd, Experts Music Library Ltd, Flat Fee Publishing Ltd, Free World Music Ltd, Gigging For It Ltd, Independent Music Group Ltd, Jacquinabox Music Ltd, JSE Music Publishing Ltd, Kooledge Ltd, Music 1 Ltd, Office Girls Partnership Ltd, Page Zero Ltd, One Step Music Ltd, Perfect Pitch Productions Ltd, Performing Right Society Ltd, Pert
Music Ltd, R & E Music Ltd, Small Green Shoots, Songs Supreme Ltd, Superb Songs Ltd, Supreme Songs Ltd, Talent Call Ltd, Work Of Art Productions Ltd.